How do you find the website responsiveness?

Since May 27th, How do you find the website responsive?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Cobourg
NOTE - THE SITE OUTAGE OF TODAY (May 28th, 2014) DOES NOT COUNT IN THE POLL :)

We've recently upgraded and moved the website to what we're hoping is a more stable hosting environment.

We'd like to get your feedback to see how it's affected the visitors to the site in general.

Thanks for your time providing your feedback :)

Last edited:
what servers? what cms? vm's or real servers? assume hosting, but we should know ... tia!

>We'd like to get your feedback to see how it's affected the visitors to the site in general.

so far so good, seems responsive. Do we have enough dasd to up the jpg size or limit? Or pdf size?

thanks,

max

also note images no longer embed but show up as clickable files ...

Attachments

• DSC_9655.jpg
    DSC_9655.jpg
    982.5 KB · Views: 362
Looks like I spoke too soon. Was fast, now taking a lot longer. Maybe something to do with the number of people on at any one time. I don't know

note images no longer embed but show up as clickable files ...

The images used to display a clickable thumbnail. Clicking on the thumbnail brought up the image in similar style to fb, and you had next and previous buttons - this worked brilliantly.

Now they show as text links, and open the full size image in a new tab (which looks nice), but no next or previous abilities. My concern there would be that some people will get lost - people are often poor with managing multiple tabs, and will think they lost the forum.

anyhoo upgrades and changes are all part of the fun.

I will watch the speed over the next day or so and come back here to vote and comment, thanks David!

It's a cloud VPS now - other than the silly DNS entry issue that caused the name servers to appear offline, it seems super solid.

Like any hosting/server, time will tell.

Weird, thanks for the image feedback - I'll have to take a peek why that might be occurring. Seems an odd issue to occur simply from a site transfer.

Since this website doesn’t have much more visuals, it needs to be faster as it is now. May be there are some Server problem because the response time is not much fast according to the Graphics it contains.

Would you please identify all of the monitors/administrators for us, please?

>Would you please identify all of the monitors/administrators for us, please?

And ideally a mailing list distribution :)

David, thanks for all the work you do on keeping this site running.

I get way more errors and have to reload since the move.

The images as we have commented behave differently.

OUR SIGNATURES ARE GONE AND I WANT MINE BACK!

Nikki can use her signature, but the rest of us don't have the link in our CP.

Bad balance I think if you go to Community then members list you will find the moderators identified.

Katrina

I just tried the member list and it didn't tell me the moderators ... grrrr I forget how I got to see that one time ... sorry

Katrina

I think we should replace that cloud VPS was one of my HP servers:) -- then we would see some serious performance improvements and extreme reliability!

Have noticed that at least once a week the server goes down. Will be slow for a while just before it does. Usually on Mondays, but sometimes again later in the week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back