Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
FL
City
orlando
I am having problems with log on. enter everything, then it welcomes me, and then I am not logged on. have to log on several times to get my user name to show. also today I have made some posts, but when I went to a thread in "other" I am not logged on again. clicked of of it and then I was logged on again.
:roll:

I am having problems with log on. enter everything, then it welcomes me, and then I am not logged on. have to log on several times to get my user name to show. also today I have made some posts, but when I went to a thread in "other" I am not logged on again. clicked of of it and then I was logged on again.
:roll:
It has happened to me continuously since I was unable to use my original user i.d., a new i.d. which wouldn't work and now that I have a "new" ID that works, enen if I don't sign out, when I click off of ALS forums without signing out, when I click back into it, I have to re enter my user ID all over again. It has been this way (for me) since last week and I figured it was my I pad but my regular computer does the same thing. I am not computer literate so I have figured it is me.

That explains it. I had to log in several times too.

I don't know if this will make any sense, cause I am not very technical. The page that I logged in on I marked as one of my favorites - and now I just pull up my favorites and that page comes up and I am already logged in - so I don't have to log in or off.

That works for me unless my computer gets shut down, then I hae to re-login

I use the save button when I log in. It is right there next to the username. I don't have to log in again even after turning off the computer.

Same problem and sometimes the last posts on threads are missing for a bit,also pm's are saying not read when they have been.
Seems to be a technical glitch on the forum...there has been a lot of spammers ect on the forum lately that Elaine has to keep deleting.

David just wrote that he has fixed things. I was happy to learn I didn't inadvertently break something! Hopefully the nighttime computer generated scammers will go away too!

If log on/off issues persist, would someone please let me know? Since no one else uses my ipad, I don't bother with logging in and out.

I had log-in problems today, so I don't think it is completely fixed.

I am logged in right now on some sub forums but not on others...

I emailed David again - he is aware and hopefully it will be rectified soon!

i noticed the problem seemed to have started right after that shut down a few weeks ago

I was having the problems before that little shut down, but only intermittently, now it happens most of the time I come here. I just kind of work around it, seems it is a caching/cookie issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back