how to delete a post and deactivate an account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Filmmaker

Reason
PALS
Country
CA
State
Québec
City
Montreal
Hi
I can't find how to delte a topic i had started;or even just one message, is there a way to do it? because in that post its easy to find who i am and i got some nasty messages from the internet... thanks for your help.
Also how do we deactivate our accounts in here? not that I want to do it but i ve seen this question on this board and it has not been answered which really seems suspicious so can we be clear? How do we deactivate an account? technically..
Thanks for your help!

I second this question. A PM to David didn't yield a reply and I scoured the site for these options, to no avail. I know David is the sole admin and is swamped, but there must be a way to control these settings. Thanks

If you are the thread starter you can close the thread by using the thread tools in blue on the top. As far as deleting posts, it probably will not happen. I remember Al saying it was a very difficult thing to do. Same for removing yourself from here. In thr almost 3 years I have been here, I have only seen it done one time, and that was to protect a member from a poster who was causing EXTREME issuess with her by posting personal details.

On some posts (if they're still active), you can click on the right hand side of it and edit it... I've deleted a couple of mine that way. Otherwise, contact David to have him delete for you.

Good luck!

You can only edit the posts within a half hour of making the post.

Guess that leaves that option out! Didn't know there was a time limit... thanks Sadie! Learn something new everyday here :)

Good info. Thanks

Someone had innocently posted my real name and home email address which led to a little spam and contact with an old boyfriend so no real harm done. I found it when I Googled my name so went through Google help desk who I think contacted one of our moderator friends here who have recently passed. They removed the personal information right away. I'd give David some time and I'll bet he will take care of it when he can. We're just going through a transitional time and need to be patient regarding such matters.

Was about to suggest edit as well, now I see about the time limit. Thanks for letting me know! Do we have a reference section with this kind of info, or is it all just trial-and-error/learn-as-you-go?

Sarah, I learned as I went along, and just PM me if you have any questions. Every thing that has ever been posted in the last 3 years is in my head some where. Don't know why, but I can remember most everything from this forum!

ok so can anyone just contact David and have him answer the quesions here instead of a POM Im sure Im not the only one who want to know and othet members might want to ask the same quesytion again later...
Thanks alot.
By the way the thread was already closed, not by me though...

Thrrads close automatically after 45 days of no activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back