Diagnosis
7/2008
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Anytown
I just don't get what is happening. I just wrote a long response to a member who had a relatively time sensitive question. Rather than posting when I hit the submit button, it went to moderation. There was nothing in what I wrote that I can imagine even remotely warranted this. It contained no brand names, did not mention "G oo ble", the inter n et, etc. It was merely advice for a CALS who was having problems making her PALS comfortable with his bi pap. Why is this occurring to this degree?

I have the same problem sometimes and I never know if my response will show up. I think yours did finally show, but sometimes the post just disappears!

I am equally in the dark about what words trigger moderation. I have no control or input into this.

In your case Rose, I think the offending word was "pharmacist". I just tested it out and my post went to moderation.

From my work as a moderator, I've learned that the following words will trigger moderation:

- any link
- google
- facebook
- doctor
- pharmacist

I'm sure that there are other words I don't know about.

Last edited:
Thanks Richard, my patience was tapped out.

Yesterday I had exactly two posts, and one of them went to moderation, the day before that, I had four posts, and two got sent to moderation.

This is another example of how software can't replace a real live (vigilant moderator) person.

...... Where I live in Maryland, there are these darned traffic cameras all over the place. The posted speed limit will suddenly be reduced to (usually) 30 mph, not, of course where there is any logical reason for it, just "because," and unsuspecting motorists have the honor of receiving a photo of their car, front and back, in the mail, along with a ticket for speeding. This has happened to me enough to where now, when I knowingly am in a traffic cam zone: A) I drop down to 5 mph under the speed limit, and B) Flip off the cameras, (usually more than once)

I'm thinking I may just start giving this forum's software moderator the same salute.

ummm....Rose...is that you scratching your nose...or are you giving me the finger?

Oh no, Al, you know you're my Cyber Sweet Patootie :wink: ... Richard, I still need to come up with a designation for you, but rest assured it will be a nice one. No nose scratches for either of you.

I'll save the gestures for the software program itself.

We love both Richard and Al. A big Muah to both of you

I thought it randomly chose which ones went. Or sometimes if I am not on for a while, or haven't written a response in that category for a while my posts always seem to go to moderation. Kind of weird...and frustrating for sure. :/ Glad your post finally showed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back