Diagnosis
12/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
Atlanta
Any way we can select to show more than 10 posts at a time in our window?

Thanks.

Yes, there is. Click the User CP link at the top of the page. In the left margin of the User Control Panel page that appears, click the Edit Options link. Scroll down the Edit Options page to the Number of Posts to Show Per Page setting. Maximum is 40 posts per page.

Thank you. That has been bugging me and I didn't know I could change it!
Todd

You can make this change, but it does not seem to affect the search function results. This includes clicking on "New Posts" at the top which continues to show only 10 posts at a time.....

You can make this change, but it does not seem to affect the search function results. This includes clicking on "New Posts" at the top which continues to show only 10 posts at a time.....

The Search Results pages (including New Posts) show threads, or topics, rather than posts -- yes, I know that that is a picky distinction, but the board software makes it. I think the number of threads displayed on search pages is a global number for all users, so the administrator sets it for all.

Given the high ratio of guests to registered users at any given time on this board (10 guests for each RU as I write this -- significantly higher during the evenings in North America), I don't blame David for keeping that number low. Might as well extract all the ad revenue out of the searchers that you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back