Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Anytown
Al & David,

This glitch was first mentioned here:
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/13979-no-longer-motor-neuron-disease-patient.html

As Olly noticed, it has also affected how my "forum interest" is listed under my name and avatar, it now says : first ALS diagnosis PBP, changed to a MND variant 11/2009 instead of saying what I entered, which is "first diagnosis PBP changed to a MND variant 11/2009

Judith's also seems to be affected, but I don't see anyone else (on that one page, have not really ivestigated)

Have no idea what's going on. Probably part of some new software David added.

AL.

not really a problem to me but thought it may confuse others,especially new comers who see" als diognosis" popping up everywhere.
have enough panicking in the "is this als" forum lol.

I have noticed when typing "d x" [w/o a space] it will default to the words "ALS diagnosis." I caught this when I was typing "d x " of PLS, on one of my posts and it came out, "ALS diagnosis of PLS." It does not change as you are typing. It changes when you click on "preview post" or "submit post."

Can someone fix this?

Judith

a ALS diagnosis of pls I just typed 4 words and this is what it did The 4 words were "a" "ALS diagnosis" "of" "pls" I typed " d x without the space, not ALS diagnosis. The abbreviation we use for diagnosis shows up as "als diagnosos" We type 2 letters, and we get "als diagnosis"

Last edited:
Last edited:
I had to go back into my profile several times to correct the info because of this automatic "A L S" text writing thingy, as it grammatically made no sense.

And I agree the posts are getting hard to read! I'm sure it's frustrating when a pALS submits the post and thinks, "Whoops! I goofed." Then they go back and edit and it still remains the same!

Another thing I do not understand: Until recently as a week ago, whenever I posted to a thread, I would get updates via email automatically to inform me of a new response. I would also get email updates regarding any private messages that had been sent to me. Now I don't get these updates and can't figure out how to correct this. Any ideas? Is this feature disabled now?

Yeah, sometimes I can edit, sometime I look and the darned "ALS diagnosis" is added back into the text again!

I too, have stopped receiving pm notification via email. Don't know why, was looking at my user cp settings, and the box is still checked for enabling email notification. and it does not seem like some people are actually receiving messages I've sent to them.

In my user cp edit detail section, there are just a boat load of Google Adsense publisher ID fields inserted above where emergency contact numbers may be added... ::confused:

Same here, no email notification of PM's, but I still get the pop up notification.

Same here about the adsense!

I also get the pop up, but that's it, no notice in email.

When trying to fix the forum interest info under my user name, I discovered that if I abbreviated the word "diagnosis", the phantom changes it to the spelled out version and puts the letters ALS in front. If I spelled diagnosis out, it did not attempt to change it... so far anyway... (now I have to see how many edits it will take for this to post correctly!)

Rose, you're as smart as you are a hottie. David did some work on the ad issues and did send me this about the ALS ALS diagnosis issue.

The only other “bug” I see is “ALS diagnosis” changing to “ALS Diagnosis” … this won’t be changed.

Yes, the software automatically replaces this; and because it’s done so for 4+ years, it’ll have to continue.

People can simply type out “diagnosis” instead of using “d x.
It wouldn't let me paste exactly what the email said.

One advantage of using typing software with word prediction capability: I never was tempted to use the shorthand abbreviations. Explains why I never saw this problem before the thread about the Invacare wheelchairs percolated back up, and especially considering how many posts I make in the DIHA forum that use the word "diagnosis".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back