Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
FL
City
Miami
Does anyone know why we have facebook icons on some of the posts now?

I don't know Melody but I just "liked" you (actually I "liked" your post, but I like you too!) so we will see what happens (if anything) :grin::grin:

Yes, David has been updating. Maybe he will post here why he has done this.

What do you think about this update?

I think it may get us new members!

I do not like it. On facebook you can control who sees your personal information and choose who you will interact with at any time. I do not like the fact that I am hotlinked to another site without my permission. Some people here are only known by their posting name and do not want that level of personal interaction with everyone in cyberworld.

Kay Marie, I agree that it opens up an avenue that some wouldn't want, however the security on Facebook is not what you think. Your personal info on any site opens you up to others who want to delve into searching. No security wall is beyond accessing - not even the government. :) I have had my personal info shared with those I have "blocked". It is a risk one takes in this world of cyber communication. {hugs} Diane

I have all the extraneous scripts blocked and still don't like it. Facebook makes its living selling customers to people.

Joel,
Is this something the forum community can any input on? What if the majority of members would prefer it NOT be done? Just curious...

Keep your thoughts coming, I am sure David will read this thread and take into consideration your likes or dislikes.

So how come some posts have the Facebook thing and others don't? It seems random to me. I am also not sold on having such an easy and uncontrolled by me connection between me here and me there.

Then I will officially state I would prefer to NOT have the facebook connection here...this is my safe, place...

Let us know if you want this. David thought it might be a good idea as a lot of people use F/B. I'm not too sure I'd use the link but others may find it handy. My son's F/B account was hacked so I'm leary of their security.

AL.

If my posts get linked in anyway to FB I will have to back off saying things as there are people, and some of my kids, there that I don't want to see some of the things I write.

I too have a real concern about their security.

I have a real concern about being linked to any social networking site. Too many dangers.

Joel, that is what I am talking about too. I have friends on FB that could find me here if they went looking but I don't want what I say here to be dropped in front of them on Facebook. I want to be the connection for me between the ALS forums and Facebook not some computer program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back