Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
Yes sir! By golly that sucker was huge, too! It weighed in at 1062lbs.

There I was, all dressed up in my community band garb (we had just performed at the local, annual "Pumpkin Days" fesitival) and I decided to take in the sites and sounds of the event. There is a vegetable growing contest and there, at the end of all of the giant vegetables (some probably grown by the big green guy himself), was the grand-daddy of them all! Jabba the hut has nothing on the great pumpkin!

So, the reward for growing the biggest? A silly blue ribbon! I'm guessing the cost of growing this beast was enormous! Not to mention the cost of harvesting and transporting it all over kingdom come. I think the grower should have at least gotten a fiver for his efforts.

Anyway, I can die a happy man now. Linus has made a believer out of me.

Zaphoon

Life is such an adventure!

Way to go Linus. Did you jump Lucy in the pumpkin patch?

That was so huge I have never seen a pumpkin that big. Over a thousand pounds gosh that would feed the whole city with pumpkin pies LOL

Some of the pumpkins only reached "near great" status weighing in at 600, 800 and 900 lbs. Some were brought in from out of state (ringers, you know!).

Zaphoon

I think that great pumpkin was probably the same size as my Beetle. Please tell us you took a picture of it, PZ!
Flyingaseagles, pumpkin pie happens to be one of my all time favourtie desserts. Even for me that pumpkin would make too much pie! ;)

Yummmmmm, pumpkin pie! Am trying to find a recipie for my husband with no sugar! Have to have for Thanksgiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back