Diagnosis
09/2007
Country
US
State
USA
City
Any
I was in Dick's sporting goods store today, and I asked for the manager, I told them they should help support ALS.. I told them it is fine and dandy they help Cancer in a big way, but why not help something like ALS.. I got to thinking on the way home that if all of us who have a Dick's in there area could ask for the manager and do the same, well maybe we could start something great. I told him about the MLB, and wow could this be an impact on athletes... Think about it guys....

I like the idea. I think we should try to see if we could get buy in at the corporate level as well. Basically, do something similar to what CVS does. ALSA is the primary charity of the Phillies which may either help or hurt considering their corporate offices are in Pittsburgh.

What fundraising do they currently do? You mentioned cancer but in what way?

Jeff,
they do a lot of Breast Cancer, and ton of Livestrong. I think the Cvs idea is amazing. Lance Armstrong, who is Livesstrong, is a friend of Augie Nieto I think, maybe this entire connection would help. We can say Pittsburgh needs to step up for ALS. I think we could create a ton of awareness with Dick's.

I'm going to try and find out who at corporate deals with fundraising. If we can get a line to that person we can throw some big guns at them like Curt or Shonda Schilling or Bill Giles. If anyone has any "ins" with corporate or even names please post them or private message me.

That's a good idea and I hope a lot of companies will support this cause. It's all about creating awareness on this topic and if there's big public interest in it, there will be media coverage that helps to get people who support the cause finanically. I think everybody can ask at local companies or stores - each cent counts ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back