Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Today was awards day at our son's school. 2nd graders!:lol:

After sitting through all those little smarties getting their math, reading, writing, art, perfect attendance, most improved, all A's, citizenship and on and on... No award for our son! What? I felt so sorry for him and thought they were gonna give him some bogus award, you know like, best board eraser or best teacher kisser upper! ;-)

We then have the SCIENCE awards! Yay! Our son gets the Science Award, one out of the whole second grade! Woohoo! They were very creative with those awards so every child could get one. I'm so glad he got an "academic" award!

On to the classroom, where the teacher has her own awards to present. She explains she has put a lot of thought into each award. They are for each student according to their best abilities and talents. The first award was the "Future President Award." "For always being able to talk his way into, and out, of everything!" Of course, I wasn't surprised when our son's name was called! Boy did she hit the nail on the head! She said some day he will make a great politician!

Do politics and science mix? :eek:

If it was me I would brag also. Congratulations for having such a great son, maybe someday I can say I talked to the presidents mom on a message board.

Dana

CJ ... that's so great. Congratulate him for me, please. I think the White House is definately on the horizon!

Funny Dana and Beth!

I'll settle for president of the science club! I can just imagine a mad-scientist as president! LOL

Last year the counselor told us almost the same thing about him - that he would make a great politician and will someday be president of his class in later years. Everybody loves him! We are luck to have him!

CJ, Congratulations! Is this the same kid who talked his Dad into crawling into the culvert? If it is I can see why he won the award.:p

lOVE IT, a President interested in Science, look's like a cure is on the horizon.. Yippppeeeeeee... But seriously hope he is on my side, that has to make you so proud, I cannot believe he is that old already, goodness time flies. Enjoy the pride, you deserve it, you are a darling mom...We are all cheering for you..

That is marvelous! I appreciate teachers like this one, it is so encouraging for the kids! What a great award to receive - you deserve to be proud!

Congrats to you and your son! That is waaaaaaayyyyyyyy cool!:cool::cool:

And it's wonderful to brag on our children-when you print these out ( in about 10 yrs or so ) and let him see all the friends on mom and dad's ALS forum, he'll be so proud all over again,

Cheers to science!

She is a very nice teacher and handles the children well.

This is the son of culvert guy!

Thank you all for your replies! It's hard for little boys in school nowadays! They want them to behave like little girls! LOL Just can't happen!

My son asked me on the way home from school this afternoon if he could really be president of the United States! I told him of course you can! You can do anything you want if you study hard and put your mind to it! You have to learn about politics and government. He then asked is that what John McCain and Barack Obama are, "Polly Ticks." Teehee! I know I don't have that bad of a southern accent! Gotta love kids!

That, so cute, Congrats mom, your raising him well, you should be really proud. I know I am so proud of my little ones too. We all should brag on our kids, but your right, the boys need it most, the schools today really do want to make them girls, my 5 year old twin boy is always being compared to his twin sister, but he is on meds. to handle him during the day, he is in special ed. and they still want to call me and ask if I can put him on extra meds. to calm him down. I tell them any extra and he will be a zombie, they try to tell me what he is doing and it all sounds like normal boy stuff to me so I tell the teacher to take a pill and get over it.lol.

Congrats again, He sounds like a great kid and I was alway partial to science.

Renee

CJ,

Congratulations to you and your son! I really liked the way the teacher presented "The Future President" award. It sounds like you have a very smart and forward thinking child.

Zaphoon

CJ-

"This is the son of culvert guy" - PRICELESS !

Mare

You have a great family and are SO blessed! You have reason to brag.

What a great story. Hugs to your son!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back