Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
Well, I had another one of those, "I should have listened to you, dear." moments last week. My wife suggested we rent a vehicle to make the out of town doctor visits to Arkansas and St. Louis but I thought we'd be fine in our 98 Sable (it only has 185,000 on it).

The trip to the orthopedic shoulder guy in Arkansas was going well enough until the buggy overheated 90 miles from home on the return trip. We had an ugly towing bill (towing insurance paid $150 of it). I got those "I told you so's!" from you know who.

The next day, we rented a nice buggy from Enterprise to make the trip to St. Louis to see the guy who diagnosis you when you reach stage 5 of whatever it is you have. (I'm only at stage 2.) While in St. Louis, one of my daughters phones to tell me a tornado went down our street and tore half of the big tree in our yard apart and onto her gocart (little Saturn coupe). Our 98 Sable was also in the driveway and suffered a ripped apart radio antenna (from half of the fallen big tree).

So, back in St. Louis, we visited my FIL but to get to his house, you have to cross a creek that floods during most storms making the bridge over the creek impassable. When we got to this bridge, the water was at bridge level but not yet flowing over it. We had a brief visit with FIL (who has a lovely cache of pain pills) and wouldn't you know, we couldn't cross back over the creek. A big wall of rushing water was now sweeping over the bridge. I'm just a little stupid but smart enough to know when I've been beaten. We went back to FIL for a few more hours and crossed over the bridge (now only partially under water) in the Toyota Corolla rent a car.

New storms tonight but milder than last week. The Sable is still over heating...

Zaphoon

Last edited:
ok that tops the "husband stuck in culvert" story! LOL

Glad y'all are safe! I bet your better half was really stewing!

Are you related to my husband? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back