Diagnosis
06/2008
Country
US
State
any
City
any
OK folks, one little secret, this story is NOT about one of my boys!

I opened an email yesterday from the secretary at the local community college where the Murray State Univ has a "satelite" campus. Are ya'll ready for this...............

I was nominated , and received, the Extended Campus Student of the Year Award!
My family and I will be attending the honors day program at the main campus on 5/8/09. I will be receiving this award with another student as well.

As many of you already know, I have been an RN for 9 yrs. I started taking a few classes here and there working on my Bachelor's in nursing about 4 yrs ago. I was diagnosed with ALS on 6/3/08-with only 1 semester left for my Bachelor's degree...

AND I DID IT! Only by the grace of God was I even capable of finishing the semester, work almost full time, have a family...

So, all of this excitement in only 10 months of ALS-wow, almost overwhelming!

I wanted to share the excitement with you all, my "extended" family.
She is going to email me all the details, but I think I will be speaking for the closing/benediction part of honors day. And maybe, just maybe, I'll get some really cool thing to hang on the wall?:D
Never give up,
Never let up,
and Never, Never lose faith,
brenda

Excellent! Congratulations!

Fantastically inspiring! Way to go, Brenda!

Brenda, you really are an inspiration to all of us! Congratulations from your extended family, not only for the award but for finishing your Bachelor's with everthing else that you had happening. You really do live your motto!

Barry

Nice to hear some great news. Congrats!

You never cease to amaze me!

I think it could not of happened to a better person, you are awesome and still way up there on my Hero's list.

Let my boys have batman and spider man.

We always knew you were special!

AL.

Congrats Brenda! You go girl, and God bless!

Irma

congrats, you deserve it, you inspire me with your upbeat attitude!

Wow! Congrats! That's quite a load you took on.

Brenda,

Congrats!

Needless to say, but I wil say it anyway, you deserve it!

So proud of you.. I think that you will inspire anyone who is doubting themselves that anything is possible. I love to see our PALS living life, you are a sweetheart, and would be my winner always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back