06/2008
Country
US
State
any
City
any
Hello all-
By now most of you know I'm the crazy woman with ALS, and 3 boys that keep us very, very busy with sports.

well...

Yesterday, our oldest son, Evan, WON the title of 2009 Kentucky Indoor State Track Meet Championship 1st place in pole vaulting!

He cleared 13ft 6in, which equals his personal best.

I can't explain the emotions that I felt, to watch my 18yr old son prepare, pace, ultimately jump, the wide grin on his face after getting 1st place, and the way he walked off the runway and shook hands with all the officials. It is a memory that will last a lifetime for all of my family.

I wanted my "forum family" to share in his accomplishment too. And yes, who was the first person he hugged when he got to come back up in the bleachers- his mom, of course.

I'm just still stunned, and exhausted, with joy.
God has blessed us so much,
brenda

p.s. If you go to my profile page, click on the albums where you see the young baseball player, there is a picture in that one of Evan pole vaulting last summer, I'll try to get more pictures on here this week.

Last edited:
That is wonderful news Brenda, I can tell you are bursting with pride and love! He better hug his mamma first!

It is so nice to hear such wonderful news. Makes things "normal" if even for a moment. Kelly

Tell him congratulations from me. That is one of my favourite summer sports.

AL.

It makes you proud when your kids reach great heights. LOL.

Last edited:
that is just great, you must be so proud of him.

Well done, you must be so proud, and an example to us all of what joys we can still experience..it is well worth us fighting on for moments like that. Your post brightened my day.

Brenda ... what an accomplishment! (Raising such great kids, that is) And your son's is not too shabby, either. :lol:

State championship is fabulous. Something you'll all be proud of the rest of your lives. Way to go!

Well Done! I bet he was just as proud and happy to share his first congrats hug with his mammy! I know when something nice happens me I run home to share it with my mam first.! So happy for you both.........

Way to go!!! (I know you're a proud mama regardless)

Brenda,

Congrats! You must must be very proud.....

A hearty "Well Done!" to your son! That is quite an accomplishment! I hope you went for icecream afterward!

Zaphoon

I'm sure your son is on cloud nine, but you on cloud ten!

Thank you for sharing that with us, Brenda. It is so exciting to witness such a marvelous accomplishment as your son did. I know the feeling. Please tell him how happy hearing it made us and congratulate him for us too.

I love to see kids and young people succeed at something they enjoy! Tell Evan congratulations brenda!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back