Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Iowa
City
Des Moines
I pray this message finds everyone in good spirits. My name is Sonya Mack and my mother, and best friend, has had ALS for over 3 years.. Within the last year we have seen quite the decline in her health, and she is now on a ventilator and it is even difficult for her to go places in her powerchair..

I am writing because I hope that some of you might want to share your story with me, my mother, and perhaps eventually anyone who has been affected by ALS. Although my mother has great faith, recently her spirits, despite our best efforts have begun to sink.. I am hoping that your stories (PALS, caregivers, friends, family) could be placed together for her to read and help her to see that she is not alone in this fight.

I see daily how much strength all of you have.. and I commend you for it. You are role models to all of us in so many situations..

If you feel moved to help me, let me first give you a huge hug of thanks.. You could write anything about your story.. If you want something to talk about specifically you could answer any or all of these questions..

1. What were your first symptoms?
2. What has been the most challenging aspect of ALS for you to contend with and how do you face it on a daily basis?
3. Who/What is your greatest support(s)?
4. What about the future do you look forward to?
5. What about the future are you most frightened of and how are you coping.?
6. What is the greatest lesson you have learned since having ALS?
7. Tell me about your journey to diagnosis?
8. What does "I Will Survive ALS" mean to you?
9. How has ALS changed you (for the better specifically, if you feel it has..)?
10. How can we, as friends, family, caregivers, help you the most.?

Again these are just thoughts.. I would love to hear any of your stories.. If you have already posted some on this site and it is okay for me to use it in my compilation please let me know..

I could never begin to thank any of you for helping me, and most specifically my mom Vicki.. I am going to ask her these same questions in hopes of keeping the spirit alive and well..

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME DIRECTLY OR CALL ME.. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR YOUR STORY..

Sincerely,
Sonya Mack
[email protected]
1-515-229-3610
n734230713_5641017_8881.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back