Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
CO
City
Vail
We went to the Grand Canyon for a week at the end of April. It has taken forever to get through the pictures and get them ready to share with you.

The trip was wonderful and the weather was really very nice. The only real issue we had was the batteries in my wheelchair were "replaced" at the end of 2017 along with motors, gearboxes, brakes, shocks, etc. It was a lot of work, and in their haste, the repair folks forgot to replace the batteries!

I did not go on any long rides in the wheelchair until we got to the Grand Canyon. There, I discovered that my range was alarmingly limited. I limped through the trip, with a maximum range of about 8 miles, which is not nearly long enough to do the 13 mile-long rim trail:). I only brought one wheelchair with me, so did not have a backup to rely on. That will never happen again!

Even with that hiccup, the trip was wonderful. It is such a beautiful place. I got to spend several sunsets along the rim and was fortunate to be there when the full moon rose. I saw quite a bit of wildlife and spent endless hours watching the birds, though, I did not see any California Condors on this trip.

When we got home, NuMotion insisted the batteries had been replaced and would replace them under warranty. The tech who actually did the work confirmed that he was the one who was supposed to replace them, but forget in the end of year rush.

In the end, all is well. I had new batteries in time for the trip to Yellowstone!

Here are a few pictures. I hope you enjoy them.

1. The full moon rising over the canyon.
2. Sunset from Pima Point
3. Late afternoon view from Hopi Point.

Steve

Attachments

• 2018_04_24_GCNP_01576_77_78_79_80_easyHDR.jpg
    2018_04_24_GCNP_01576_77_78_79_80_easyHDR.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 353
  • 2018_04_24_GCNP_02273_4_5_6_7_easyHDR_stitch.jpg
    2018_04_24_GCNP_02273_4_5_6_7_easyHDR_stitch.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 257
  • 2018_04_24_GCNP_01206_07_08_09_10_easyHDR_stitch.jpg
    2018_04_24_GCNP_01206_07_08_09_10_easyHDR_stitch.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:
Seriously fine photos!

I love it when someone owns up to messing up. I had a young fella earlier this year did some work on my ride-on mower. It broke again the next time I used it - should not happen with a new part! When he fixed it and confessed to me he had put something in upside down causing it to burn through I shook his hand, thanked him and told him that I appreciated his honesty and asked him to remember to always be that way.

I'm glad you were able to still really enjoy your time away and just get on with it, even if it did limit you. Wonderful attitude and you reap the benefits every time :D

Stunning photos, Steve.

All your trips are filled with so much beauty.

Wonderful pictures
Thx

Absolutely gorgeous photos, Steve.

I always enjoy reading about your travels. Thanks for sharing with us.

Sharon

Amazing photos Steve. Thank you so much for sharing those. Your trips and photos always make me feel so good. Thank you.

Amazing photos. I’m so glad you are able to get out and embrace natural beauty the way you do.

Thank you so much for posting these beautiful photos.

I always wanted to see the Grand Canyon so planned a trip for my fiftieth birthday - in October 2013. Sadness. The American federal government was on strike. Luckily we were able to see the Canyon from the West side on the Hualipai Reservation. I could spend hours looking at that vista.

Your pictures capture the beautiful rusty colours and amazing beauty of that piece of Nature. Thank you so much for posting.

ps we ended up visiting Sedona instead of staying in Grand Canyon National Park. Not too shabby either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back