Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
PA
City
Lancaster
I started another cat today. He has a ways to go though.

Attachments

• 20180621_162809.jpg
    20180621_162809.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 326
Thank you for posting your artistic paintings. Thought my painting/art days were behind me already. You give me hope. Thank you for sharing. May blessings abound.

ps How do you get computer photos on site?

Sweet! Reminds me of my late Rhett.

Thanks for sharing. Flipped your painting so others could see it better. Hope that was all right. Cats have such intense ways of looking at things, don't they? Do you paint from memory, live model, or photo?

Attachments

• delgato.jpg
    delgato.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 781
Do you see similarities in the expressions? I do. Looks as if you caught it very well. B.

Attachments

• Tiger.jpg
    Tiger.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 235
  • Jaguar.jpg
    Jaguar.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 244
  • Black Panther.jpg
    Black Panther.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 252
B, I know you're trying but your similarities are a stretch to the eyes of Pete's cat. :)

Pete's cat brings somewhat a curious look. The pictures you posted indicate more
that of a predator focused on prey.

Guess it's in the eyes of the beholder. :)

Last edited:
i paint from my head with a picture as a start point. i like the curiously wild independant attitude

Greetings, Clearwater Al, Liked your "pun" . I don't understand, "I'm trying?" Help me out, please. B.

Attachments

• Just hanging around.jpg
    Just hanging around.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 232
Hi, Tripete! Thank you for understanding my attachments. Cats have an underlying wildness about them. It makes them enigmatic. I could almost feel you smiling when you wrote that statement.

Most dogs do not kill things and bring it home to you. Cat's do. It's their nature.

I especially like to look at the BIG cats. They are so beautiful: muscular, streamlined, springy, with an inscrutableness about them.

Dogs are not shy about telling us how they feel.
Cats are subtle about it. Even aloof at times. Except when it's "food" time. They're fun, entertaining, and sweet companions.

As a "fellow" artist, if I'm drawing or painting (acrylics), I like to use a photo/picture to work from, too. I had trouble trying plein air. Too much stuff to carry..

With photography, I use photo- graphs to create the finished print. I do photomorhic art as it's easily available.

I wish I had the opportunity to paint. I was just picking it up after years of not doing anything, when "life" changed my plans. However, as long as I can move , there's always Abstract Art. Lay the canvas on the floor and pour paint on it. If I accidentally fall on it, I can claim I made an "impression" on the art world.

Enjoyed the chat. Do you see any similarities?
(smile)

"Don't you just hate it when someone else wears the same thing to a party?"

Attachments

• Where'd you get your outfit.jpg
    Where'd you get your outfit.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 288
  • Must be the same place you got yours!.jpg
    Must be the same place you got yours!.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 245
Pete, thank you for sharing the beautiful cat painting. I’m awed by your talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back