Old 05-17-2018, 04:08 PM #1 (permalink)

City: Yakima
State: Washington
Diagnosed: 06/2013
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
bkite is just really nicebkite is just really nicebkite is just really nicebkite is just really nicebkite is just really nice
City: Yakima
State: Washington
Diagnosed: 06/2013
bkite is just really nicebkite is just really nicebkite is just really nicebkite is just really nicebkite is just really nice
Default A Wonderful Memory

Last major expedition before left foot began dragging. My 3 sons are with me.

Bruce

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to bkite For This Useful Post:
affected (05-18-2018), Angiegal (05-19-2018), Annie's Phil (05-18-2018), Buckhorn (05-22-2018), KarenNWendyn (05-17-2018), KateEmerson (05-17-2018), vltsra (05-18-2018), wishmobbing (05-18-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 05:13 PM #2 (permalink)

City: Small Town
State: Maritimes
Diagnosed: 12/2017
Annabelledingdong is on a distinguished road
City: Small Town
State: Maritimes
Diagnosed: 12/2017
Annabelledingdong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: A Wonderful Memory

Thank you so much for posting this video. What a beautiful part of the world.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:32 PM #3 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
KimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
KimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond repute

Beautiful memory, Bruce.
Old 05-17-2018, 11:50 PM #4 (permalink)

City: Vail
State: Colorado
Diagnosed: 07/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with another Motor Neuron Disease.
swalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to behold
City: Vail
State: Colorado
Diagnosed: 07/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with another Motor Neuron Disease.
swalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to beholdswalker is a splendid one to behold

Thank you so much for sharing this.

I remember many things, like my last hiking, backpacking, climbing, and mountaineering trips. I remember the last hike I took with my wife (without a wheelchair).

Watching your video brings back a flood of wonderful memories of the times I spent outdoors in the mountains. I still get out quite a bit, but see the views from my wheelchair now.

Steve
Thanks from
bkite (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 12:36 AM #5 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute

that was my awesome moment for today filled right up.

thanks for sharing this, I watched it twice
Old 05-18-2018, 06:49 AM #6 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Nuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud of
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Littleton
State: North Carolina
Diagnosed: 01/2014
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
Nuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud ofNuts has much to be proud of

Bruce, thank you for sharing that fabulous memory with us. I love to see our PALS as the people they have always been. Your boys clearly have more memories and experiences to cherish than some people collect in a lifetime with their parents.

Becky
Thanks from
bkite (05-18-2018)
Old 05-18-2018, 08:19 AM #7 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: renick
State: wv.
Diagnosed: 02/2015
chally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud of
Very Helpful Member
City: renick
State: wv.
Diagnosed: 02/2015
chally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud ofchally has much to be proud of

Nice Bruce, thx
Old 05-18-2018, 06:56 PM #8 (permalink)

City: Wolfeboro
State: NH
Diagnosed: 12/2015
Jlynn is a jewel in the roughJlynn is a jewel in the roughJlynn is a jewel in the roughJlynn is a jewel in the rough
City: Wolfeboro
State: NH
Jlynn is a jewel in the roughJlynn is a jewel in the roughJlynn is a jewel in the roughJlynn is a jewel in the rough

I'm with Tillie. My awesome moment for the day too. Thanks for sharing Bruce.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:22 AM #9 (permalink)

City: Small town
State: PA
Buckhorn is a splendid one to beholdBuckhorn is a splendid one to beholdBuckhorn is a splendid one to beholdBuckhorn is a splendid one to beholdBuckhorn is a splendid one to beholdBuckhorn is a splendid one to beholdBuckhorn is a splendid one to beholdBuckhorn is a splendid one to behold
City: Small town
State: PA
Buckhorn is a splendid one to beholdBuckhorn is a splendid one to beholdBuckhorn is a splendid one to beholdBuckhorn is a splendid one to beholdBuckhorn is a splendid one to beholdBuckhorn is a splendid one to beholdBuckhorn is a splendid one to beholdBuckhorn is a splendid one to behold

Wow - so BEEEEUTIFUL! When Dave was well, we did long, arduous hikes (often in Kauai). Dave asked me once or twice during those hikes "tell me again why we're doing this"? I told him "because when we are old and grey, sitting in a rocking chair we will have these memories to sustain us". Of course the possibility of ALS was not on my radar at that time. Now we are both so very glad that we did those long & very challenging hikes and enjoyed the vistas that were only possible on foot!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Buckhorn For This Useful Post:
bkite (05-23-2018), wishmobbing (05-23-2018)
Closed Thread

Tags
foot