Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
WV
City
Sandyville
After 4 months of fighting tooth and nail, countless phone calls and emails and finally a meeting in person, my wife and I convinced the Charleston Hospice to accept me with my trilogy. And the best news, they sent me an email today saying that from now on they will accept ALL ALS patients with trilogies!

Vince

Very nice, Vince, to know that your efforts have helped not only you but future PALS.

Best,
Laurie

Well done, that must give you a real sense of achievement knowing that others won't have to go through the hassle you have.
Wendy x

Oh wow there is a huge happy dance happening here!

Super job Vince and your wife too of course.

It is something I've noticed in what Dave K writes - don't accept what they say when you know it's wrong. What an amazing chance to educate them, although I'm truly sorry you had to use your precious energy to do it, you have won an incredible victory for yourself and for many others and let's hope they now educate other hospices! :D

Great news, Vince. Your persistence has made a real difference for you and for many others.

Steve

Way to go Vince!! Glad for you man.

That is great news Vince! You and your wife have helped so many people in the future! Awesome job!

Vince.....way to go! Thank you from all of us.

That's great Vince. Thanks to you and your wife and glad you have also helped others. Steve receives a lot of assistance with his trilogy from his hospice team and we are very grateful.

Another blessing; have been trying to get a SGD for months. Denied because had use of right index finger. Now I use one knuckle. Hospice will not pay for a SGD. Wear neck brace all day as I can't hold my head up. We contacted the Gleason Foundation and they are sending us an I Series With EyeGaze. Don't even have to go through the SLP Evaluation! Just send it back when I pass. Even giving me a wheelchair mount and bedside mount. Tears flowing today. Was so scared to have Hospice and not be able to communicate.

Vince

The Gleason foundation are so awesome. Tears of happiness are beautiful, and I'm sharing a few with you xxx

Well done Vince and your wife too. I too, as others have said, hate what you needed to go through. I always say whatever I can do to help those who may have to endure this horrible disease in the future I will do. Take care.

I'm so happy to hear all of this!

Thank you for fighting for all PALS.

Hugs to you,
Joan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back