Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
OK
City
Cleveland
I am trying to get some things ready for when the power wheelchair comes. I needed help moving a very heavy L shaped desk.

I posted on facebook that I needed help and within 30 minutes I had 5 different men knocking on my door.

I have a lot of good friends that I am super thankful for.

Ahh how lovely, so nice to know you have friends that step up and help when needed.

Wendy x

We had about 12" of snow fall overnight, here in Virginia. We don't get much snow here... so this will likely keep folks in for a few days. Before we were even up and out of bed this morning, two different sets of neighborhood boys (teenagers, 4 in total), were out and clearing off our wheelchair ramp and the entire driveway of snow. It IS good to find that there are family, friends and neighbors who DO care! :)

Jim

That is so awesome Jim! It is one thing to feel good about when we are facing so much bad.

These types of kindnesses bring me to tears faster than the tough times. We moved into this condo neighborhood last May after 26 years in one home. But week after week, these new friends give me even more reasons for gratitude. In all these months, I don't think I've every wheeled our trashcan back up the driveway after pick-up. Some silent soul always manages to get it right up next to the garage without getting caught. And the Homeowners' Association grounds keepers who care for the common areas come into our fenced courtyard every week to clean it and then around back to clear all the leaves off our deck, way beyond the call of duty. People just go out of their way to help. Such a blessing. Never happened in our old neighborhood. These "strangers" just took us into their community. So blessed to be here.

I am experiencing the same thing. Wonderful friends and neighbors have been so helpful.

From rolling the garbage can back up the driveway to repeatedly shoveling the copious quantities of snow off our deck (which is pretty large).

They are such a blessing to us.

Steve

These are the acts of kindness we have received:

We got snow the last couple days, and one of our neighbors shoveled our driveway today. We, also, have a neighbor bring our trash can back up to our garage, and this same neighbor gets our mail from the community lock mailbox, and brings it to us every third day.

I was always the first one in the neighborhood to decorate our yard for Halloween and Christmas, but this year I could not decorate outside or inside. Two of my neighbors bought over a poinsettia plant and another neighbor brought over cookies.

I got a message from a high school friend, from Michigan, that stated he would get on a plane and fly to Reno, NV if I need him. And I know that he would do just that if I asked him to.

Then I had a Marshal from the court where I worked at, who works out all the time, inform me that he would take me to South Lake Tahoe and carry me to the beach (this was last summer). It was his wife's idea when she read that I miss the beach and swimming.

I feel blessed to have such a wonderful family and friends. I'm happy that many of you do too.
Hugs,
Deb

What a thread of hope - I've just had such a nice little cry reading some of the beautiful things people are experiencing. I love the thought of people sneaking around doing acts of kindness but ensuring they are not identified. For some reason those mental pictures are what started tears of hope and joy flowing :)

Keep sharing these, I think we all need to acknowledge every one.

So inspiring to read about the kindness of others. We all appreciate that helping hand when given.

So awesome to hear what everyone else is experiencing.

My PALS has always been the one to do the sneaking. For the 22 years I have been with him, he has been sneaking around doing for people, whether it be mowing their yard, taking care of their loved ones graves, filling their car with gas. Volunteering has always been what makes him happy. I remember asking him one day, if you could do anything to make our life happier, what would it be? His response was volunteer more.

What a wonderful feeling it is when you need something and several show up or when things just happen around your place without you saying a word.

We have had fantastic support from our community.
It makes me feel so humble & promise to be a kinder person in my next life....
We had a friends drop loads of wood all chopped off.
Our plumber arranged for the new toilet & septic system to be donated and installed whilst we were away in the city. I'd been saving for ages to do this and when he handed me the envelope I thought it was the account.no, it was a list of trade donors!
Customers of ours bought a wheelchair van for us. Amazing.
My girlfriend visits weekly just to check on us. She often shops for me.
A friend came and camped in his van for two days . He then mowed and whipper snipped all of our overgrown grass . I felt so wonderful when our yard looked normal again. It had got totally out of control!

That is amazing Aussiemndcarer! What wonderful generosity from them all! Makes me heart happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back