Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
wv.
City
renick
Had a fantastic thanksgiving with tons of family up @ my farm.
We had to move to town but the farm is our home and we all enjoy our time there. So wed I went out at dusk on my own into the hay fields in my frontier PWC which can go places most chairs can't. I had my shooting stick and 308 across my arm rest and binoculars around my neck. Keep in mind my hands do not work at all so I am really just going through the hunters motions mostly cause I don't want to give it up yet. I love the woods and fields and of course fresh deer meat.
So along comes a nice buck about 200 yards out so I humor myself and say ok get the shooting stick up ok now lift the barrel of rifle with forearm and place it in the stick notch.
After doing all this I forgot the safety was on and I couldn't get it off ( no fingers here). So had to reverse everything and put gun in position that I could knock the safety off with a stiff knuckle. That done I set everything back up and got the deer in the cross hairs. Now I have to stick my thumb through the trigger guard to catch a pull my finger through to fire the gun. That done I am ready to shoot only thing is I don 't have enough finger strength to pull. Dam it! I then stick my thumb in there too line it all up and BAM! I drop the buck. This was total luck but also a lot of detrmination. ( and a pretty dumb deer) any way if your vegetarian, vegan or peta I don't mean to offend ya. I just love to tell stories espically hunting tales. Hope ya all had the best thanksgiving ever! Love ya chally

Awesome tale, chally! And, if you can drop a buck with all that work, you deserve the bounty that comes with it. I hope you were able to fill the deep freeze with all that goodness! If I lived any closer to you, I'd be banging on your door and asking for all the offal and bones for my dogs.

Fiona

Fiona! My dogs love deer meat and can't wait till I bring some in. Love ya. Chally

Love the determination!

Badass Chally!!

Way to go Chally!. So then what happened next. Did you drive the chair back to the farm with that big Sh%$ eating grin across your face? What a proud moment. Who got to dress it out? How big a buck? We didn't get anything here Season ends tomorrow. Empty freezer this year.

Hey Kate ,you come to WV and we'll fill the freezer.
Got great neighbor who came over and did the cutting and skinning. One more should do me. Oh yeah 11 pt!

Good for you Chally!

Good one Chally, stay active even if it means the decrease in the wildlife population.

We got so many deer here in WV!

Tom says 'more than luck, lots of persistence got you that buck, Semper Fi'

Chally,

I so enjoyed reading about your hunt. I admire your determination and tenacity.

Wish I could have been there to share the moment, but I probably would have laughed so hard I would have scared off the buck!

Steve

I too wish I could meet ya Steve, and Mary you tell that tom of yours I think on him a lot. Just got semper fi tattooed on back of my left hand and IIWII on the right. Haha. Love ya all. Chally

Hey mary& tom

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 215
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back