Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
Tomorrow is the big day--we head out to Colorado again for yet another of Matt's annual hunting trips. His brother will drive the truck hauling the trailer with the off road chair and other equipment, and we'll be in the van.

Packing for a 3 week road trip. Wow. I'm not taking any makeup and it still takes two vehicles and a trailer.

Hey you guys, have a great time!
The weather in wy has been great this past wk and the elk are starting to do their thing. So good luck Matt? Love ya chally

Hope you and Matt have a great trip!

V

I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip.

Sharon

Have a wonderful time!!!!!!

I hope you guys have the best time ever making memories!

Tàke pictures ànd journal stories so we can go with you

I hope you have a marvelous time. Who needs makeup in the bush anyhow? I wish you a successful, restful and hassle free expedition.

Fiona

Hey you don't need make up just a bottle of Elk pee...:) good luck!

Have a great time...makeup free��

Try to enjoy Becky. The fresh airand time with great friends will be wonderful. The drive is hard but you have a helper and many more hands when you get there. Take a little time for yourself.

Please have a wonderful time and give us some updates along the way. I know we all enjoy reading the stories of hope!

The crisp fall air, beautiful scenery and good friends, sounds lovely.

Cheers,

Jocalyn

Safe travels. Hope it is a great job for all of you!!

LOL...I love the laughs you all give me. Elk pee..what's a little more pee in our lives??

This is the morning of day 3. I wish I had more time to write, but you all know the drill--even with help. I've decided to put my foot down about the next Van. If we are going to keep traveling it must be tall enough for me to stand up, and that also means large enough to carry everything so the extra person can share the driving. With my brother in law driving the truck and pulling the trailer, we're both doing all the driving.

The trip is going well, and I sure love the drive through West Virginia. What beautiful country.

Last year I posted about a fabulous hotel room that had a barrier free shower for Matt AND a large soaking tub from which I could see him and the TV. I thought we'd never be back this way, so I didn't bother to record which hotel that was in. Im on the hunt now; I think I've figured it out, and will try to hit it on the way home :)

On day one I almost hit an idiot who walked out into the middle of the highway (in the mountains) to get a cooler that fell off his truck. The truck in front of me changed lanes suddenly, revealing said fool, but there was another car next to me so I couldn't make the same move. It was a close call. Hopefully that will be all the excitement for this trip.

We all know that accessible hotel rooms are not all equal. Sunday night we stayed in a Comfort in that was as small as any normal room (shuffling chair, shower chair, hoyer, and equipment cart...oh my!), but the bathroom was smartly laid out. It had a tiled in shower (not the prefab ones that have a gasget you have to roll over), a drain in the shower and in the middle of the room, space next to the shower large enough to park a second chair, and easy access to the sink. I can't speak for the toliet---we just used the shower chair and bucket. All in all, little space in the room but a clever bathroom design.

Last night we checked into a Hilton Garden Inn at an empty convention center and the room is HUGE. Seriously huge. All the equipment is in here and there's a LOT of room. The bathroom is huge also. Space...what a luxury. I hope to have wonderful pictures in Colorado, but for now I'm obsessed with hotel bathrooms.

Oh, the brakes on the trailer all work this year, so there will be no smoking brakes going down the Rockies, AND there are better tires on it. Not that I'm pulling it this year, but still good news. I'm hoping for no more excitement on the drive. Seriously. Let me be boring. I'd rather write about poop.

Love you all, and I'm watching the road for Chally who's out there somewhere having his own adventures.

Becky
Queen of Everything (this week, Queen of the Road)

Becky, I think I'd rather read about poo than near misses, so I hope they are all over for this trip!

My brother, the helicopter pilot, used to muster cattle up north.

Apparently in the bush you don't need jocks or a toothbrush.

Just trying to lighten your load!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back