Celebrating a good first month back home!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wings

Reason
Loved one DX
Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Chicago
Hi all,

I'm writing to say that my mom has been back at home from the nursing home for a month now, and moving her home has turned out to be the best decision we've made; she is doing WAY better under the care of a wonderful live-in caregiver. Previously she was in a "good" nursing home, but had many struggles with constantly changing staff, lack of personal attention, and broken promises made by staff there. Now she has a caregiver who sleeps in the next room, with a baby monitor on, with the door open, and in the caregiver's line of vision. This is not to say that things aren't very difficult at times, but just to say that it was worth the risk bringing her home and she is much happier now. And, of course, my mind is much more at ease knowing that she is being well cared for.

Thank you for reading! Let me know if you have any thoughts.

I read your previous thread, I think that's great that the move homes been successful and that your mums much happier and your more at ease :)
All the best

This is wonderful news!
Please keep us updated :)

Great news to read...thanks for the update!
Audrey

Thank you twitchykitty. I'm thankful you saw my previous thread from before Mom went home. There were many questions and concerns at that time, and many people doubting our decision. We had people telling us it would be enormously expensive compared to the nursing home, and others predicted "disaster," but so far it's been the opposite: the nursing home was the expensive "disaster."

So glad to hear, Wings. Kudos for getting it done and I know that your mom has improved quality of life.

Best,
Laurie

Glad to hear that it is working well for your mom.

Sometimes as the saying goes there's just no place like home :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back