Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
NC
City
Littleton
The Z-4 has been listed on Craig's list, and we picked the van up today with its new artwork. Hubby is stoked! If nothing else it should be a conversation starter!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    198.6 KB · Views: 288
Here's a closeup.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 225
Nuts.......That is BADDASS! I shy away from conversation starters, I couldn't say sh!t if I was waste deep in it.

Nuts.......That is BADDASS! I shy away from conversation starters, I couldn't say sh!t if I was waste deep in it.

Mark, Matt is becoming even more of a talker than he was before. He loves to show off his chair to strangers who are interested. I'm in serious danger of him becoming one of "those old guys"!

Too cool! Love it!

When you and Matt came to visit, Matt described (with great enthusiasm and excitement) the graphics that were to go on the van. He painted a picture in my mind with his words... but the reality of the end result is even better than my mind's eye could conjure. KUDOS!

Jim

That's fantastic!

Awesome! Love it!

Wow... it is awesome and will be a great way to bring attention to our plight with a great sense of humor. It is awesome and when I think of you and hubby I think that you are wonderful people with spirit and its great to know you have not lost humor and love of life. love, love ,love the artwork.

I had to stare and stare and stare again at these photos.

AWESOME doesn't even come close, I've never seen anything that so well illustrates that a picture paints a thousand words - this one paints several million!

I hope to see photos of this showing up all over the internet as people stop and talk to you both and take photos of their own.

Wow wow wow!

Awesome doesn't really cut it but it will have to suffice. Bloody awesome. - Cee

Awesome...the chair is green! I just love it!
So glad you have the van. Many more awesome adventures coming up!
God bless, Janelle x

I'm glad you all approve. Seriously. I do expect to draw a lot of attention and do a lot of talking about ALS in this baby!

I think I've got hubby on board with advocating for reasonable handicap parking. Yesterday he went to the hardware store and found both the handicap spots blocked with cones. He parked elsewhere and went inside to ask why. The answer? Wanna guess? They put them there to save them for handicap people because other people keep parking there! This is a small community and it may be that a business doesn't want to offend customers by having tickets written. Poor people. Matt just looked at them, from his chair, and explained that he is handicapped and couldn't park there. He may be the only person in a wheelchair driving in this area. Then last night we went out for dinner. The parking lot was pretty much empty, and there are two spots equal distance from the door. One is handicapped, van accessible. The vehicle with the handicap tag was parked in it, so we parked across from it in the van you can't miss, put a cone out in the space between the two so that no one would park there, and he rolled into the resturant in his chair. Now I agree that people walking need to be closer than people driving, and that's what the cone is for when he's driving, but when the spots are equal distance and empty I always took the "normal" spot and left the accessible one. I think the artwork and cone may help raise awareness about van accessible parking, if nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back