4/2016
Country
AUS
State
Western Australia
City
By the beach
We are on holiday!

Wayne, me, the kids and my parents left home this morning and flew to perth.

We caught a train called the Indian Pacific. It goes from WA (the Indian Ocean ) to Sydney (the Pacific Ocean ). 4 days 3 nights.

We are then cruising the South Island of New Zealand along the bottom of Australia back to Perth then fly home.

AWESOME! I

Through photos, I would love for you all to come with.

The first photo is us standing outside our carriage on the train.
Second photo is my grandparents old farm at Baandee. (Pronounced Barndee ). They sold the farm 30 years ago, but the last time I was there I was 18.

Sorry the internet is not available all the time. Will post pictures when in civilisation.
Tonight we are going to be in Kalgoorlie.
I hope we all enjoy the ride.

God bless, Janelle x

Have an amazing holiday, Janelle. It sounds amazing. Cee xx

Have a wonderful trip. Cant wait to see pictures

Sounds like a neat vacation. Enjoy ! !

Have a great time, Janelle! Sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to see all the pictures.

It really is the middle of the night here, 12.09am, and we've just done an extremely quick bus tour of Kalgoorlie by night.

The town is a mining town and there's this HUGE superpit. Seeing it at night was fantastic. A lot of history here. Wayne's dad was born in Kal, so he was really happy having a look around.

Whilst we are all enjoying the train, I've discovered it's not really great when disabled. All the passengers are waiting for me to fall I'm sure. Strangers have been so helpful getting me across the bits between carriages and stuff like that. Because of the sway of the train my walk is extremely wonky. My hips are killing because the corridors are so narrow.

Going to the loo is very awkward too, although connor assures me it's no picnic standing up to go!

Can't remember where we are stopping tomorrow but I'm pretty sure it's across the nullarbor.

God bless, Janelle x

Good for you! We will all enjoy your trip with you!

Enjoy every good moment and grit your teeth and get through the bad ones as quickly as you can!
Audrey

Enjoy your vacation Janelle. I am so happy for you and cant wait to see pics.

Awesome Janelle!

I absolutely could not be happier for you and can't wait to see the photos.

Best to Wayne and the kiddos and hope you all have a wonderful time.

Take care,
Brad

I hope you have a great adventure! How fun to "invite" us all along �� Looking forward to seeing pictures when you can post them.

Hi Janelle,

Yay! What a glorious, glorious holiday! I am so happy for you and your family! What an adventure! And, I too, want to say thanks for the "invitation" to come along with you! Can't wait to see some photos...

Have fun,
Laura.

Oh Janelle, thank you for including us on your trip! I love reading about people's adventures.

I second your comments about traveling by train. I brought my elderly mom across country in a train (a bucket list item of hers) and I was terrified for her the entire time. Talk about an unstable surface :)

Becky
Q Of E

Glad you are having a blast, Janelle. Connor's comment cracked me up! Witty young lad. Looking forward to hearing further updates. Enjoy. Cee xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back