A PALS w/ a purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good story.

Of the hundreds of PALS we have seen here, it seems that most, if not all, were more physically fit than average people. Like the Ranger in the WaPo piece, our PALS (all?) seem to be formerly super fit. Is that my imagination?

Epi studies have suggested many are former athletes of some kind, at least at school. It's possible it goes back to glucose/lipids/metabolism in some respects.But with purportedly higher incidence in current/past military service, you also have to look at environmental exposures.

Also, if someone has been active physically, s/he's more likely to work at some point in a strenuous job, that might have some toxic exposures such as the Stanford team and others have been studying in the registry surveys. Blue-collar work more often entails exposure to toxins than the executive suite. When I completed the surveys for Larry, I was checking a long list of chemicals, work settings and geographies "yes."

I have read that like veterans, triathletes and marathon runners, have a much higher percentage of representation of this disease. Unfortunately we do not have our own special health agency that can assist us :) (i am glad for those who do).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back