Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
MT
City
Miles City
One of the worst jobs I had to do after being diagnosed was to tell my children the bad news. By the time I knew, my voice had been impacted dramatically. I sounded like I was drunk. That wasn't a real concern to me....my big problem was that during periods of emotion, something closed down in my pallet and sinuses making it impossible for me to speak. For this reason I took the chicken way out and composed a personal letter to each of my babies....5 sons and a daughter.

At the time my wife and I were snow-birding in Arizona. My kids, all well into adulthood were spread out Coast to coast.

I was flabbergasted by the result of this information.....Each and every one of them (separately) over the period of the next two months we remained in Arizona flew out to spend time with Momma and me. The overwhelming show of love and support was staggering. The time we spent together was very special. We spoke often of the spouses and grandchildren back home.

During the course of the winter, my oldest boy came up with a marvelous plan. A full fledged family reunion.....including everyone, together at one time. Our ranch was way to small to house such a gathering. so he took it up himself and rented a 12 bedroom mansion on the water in the Seattle area, and instigated his siblings into swinging vacation time and transportation to allow for this incredible event.

Everyone is coming. We leave Saturday for the week long reuninon! All six of our kids, their spouses...and a total of eight grand kids...including a brand new set of triplet baby girls I've not seen yet. We'll all be together for the very first time ever.

I've warned them they better get in shape to keep up with me! I'm towing out a new mobility scooter I just bought, and she's a doosey.

Isn't God great? Allowing me the quality time to say goodbye in such wonderful manner?

God Bless Us All...............................Glenn

That sounds like a very awesome gathering. May every moment be filled with joy and build special memories for each and every one of you!

What a wonderful celebration of family!

Glenn...awesome! This family get together will never be far from everyone's hearts and minds...enjoy.try to not think of it as a time to say goodbye, but as a time to be inspirational (which you are) to your family, and to create many happy memories for all.
God bless, Janelle x

>We leave Saturday for the week long reuninon! All six of our kids, their spouses...and a total of eight grand kids...including a brand new set of triplet baby girls I've not seen yet. We'll all be together for the very first time ever.

fantastic! get pics :)

Glen, I am wishing you much love, laughter, joy, memories and even a few tears. Take lots of pictures and maybe set a video camera out so everyone can take turns taking video.

Oh it brings tears to my eyes just thinking of a family enjoying time together.

And the good thing about ALS is: Reminding us of what is important and the chance to do and say all the things in our hearts that we should have been doing and saying right along! Such a huge coordination effort- proves you have raised a fine, loving family. What a compliment to you! Have a wonderful time making memories to sustain you all. Hugs. Donna

Glen, I am so happy that as a family you can share this special time together, wow ...triplets how fantastic is that, they will certainly provide lots on entertainment. God is good. Sounds like you have a wonderful and supportive family. Enjoy this special time together.
Love Gem

Enjoy the trip! Sounds like this gathering is the stuff memories will be made of.

Hello everyone, Just got home yesterday from Seattle. The week was more fantastic then I could've imagined. All six of my kids, their spouses and all eight of my grand children! We had a ball. The house my son rented was a beach home on Puget Sound, t had a dock out into Oyster Bay and came with two kyacts and a boat. Every minute was filled with joy. Highlights were the talent contest,nightly cook off contest for the supper chief and a day trip we all took to Seattle. WE rode the ferry across and my boys loaded my mobility scooter(that I towed there with) into one of their pick ups....so I had no problems keeping up.

I had a few quiet moments with each of my kids, when a few tears flowed....but the vast majority of the time was all dedicated to life and happiness.

I thank God with all my heart for blessing me with the wonderful healthy family that is mine. When Momma lets me hold her camera I will add a few shots to my home spot. One of my favorites is me holding my brand new triplet grand daughters.

May God Bless Us All...............................Glenn

FANTASTIC Glenn, so happy for you and your family! 1love chally

Glenn that sounds like the most awesome week...really looking forward to photos. Thanks for sharing this amazing time with your family with us.
God bless, Janelle x

Glenn, I'm glad that you had a wonderful trip! Time spent with family creates memories that no disease can ever take away. I'm also glad that you shared both tears and laughter...those are what our lives here on earth are made of.

So special!
Anna

Sounds amazing! What a beautiful,caring family you and your wife have created. I am so glad you had the reunion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back