05/2013
Country
OZ
State
AU
City
lala land
I'm naming this one Neil's Tree!

It's in the middle of the property with a great view down over the coastline. You can see a koala in the tree in this photo - Forest Red Gum which is a primary food tree for koalas and also very popular with a range of native birds.

Good on you for challenging your doctor, that would not have been easy. I'm glad he was honest and said it was just an estimate.

Attachments

• NeilTree.jpg
    NeilTree.jpg
    367.9 KB · Views: 949
Re: Pretty bad news

Hey Tillie how many trees on your property? Maybe you can name them all after your friends here!

Hey Tillie how many trees on your property? Maybe you can name them all after your friends here!

LOL I knew this would be next :D

I have thousands of trees, but with the mature primary food trees that are easy to mark and 'name', there are probably about 25. The other thousands are the young trees that were either planted by us or are self sowing now.

>The other thousands are the young trees

i feel like an old rotting tree :-(

just kidding (kinda)

>The other thousands are the young trees

just kidding (kinda)

HEHEHE :)

Good to hear from you Max.

>Good to hear from you Max.

:), hi Mike ... one day at a time :)

Tillie...there's a special place in heaven for kind souls like you!

I'll wait awhile to ask for my tree naming ceremony... so I don't follow up my sincere statement too quickly with levity. Thanks for staying on this board and helping us along the way.

just kidding (kinda)

Well Max that has allowed me to find the perfect tree for you. I just love this tree but over summer for some unknown reason it has taken a bit of a rotting appearance. I had a tree expert looking at it with me recently and he commented that he didn't know why it had done this, but he could see that most of the bare branches are actually alive and likely to sprout out again. It's a bloodwood which is a type of Eucalypt so very native. My koala Clinger is often in this tree even though it's not a food tree, for some reason he likes this tree.

So it is now Max's tree and I can see it from where I sit on my back veranda :)

In this photo Clinger is actually in the tree but he may be hard to spot - anyone see him?

@ Lilac and Jean - thank you for those comments, but to be honest you are all my family and I receive as much from being with you all as I try to give back. I'd feel far more lost without you all than I would admit to most people xx

I've got some tags so I'm going to put a tag on both of these trees when it cools a bit this afternoon and will put a pic here. They aren't fancy tags, but they will mark and name the trees for you both :)

Attachments

• MaxBloodwood.jpg
    MaxBloodwood.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 813

Is he on the right side branch?

Is he on the right side branch?

Not sure which branch you mean.

I hate to have maybe hijacked the thread, but Neil asked for a tree ....

I will let a few more guess, then I'll draw a ring around Clinger :)

I admit I know where he is because I had been photographing him from closer to the tree only 10 minutes before I took this photo from down near Neil's tree. They can be quite hard to spot at times!

OK I went out and labelled a tree for Neil and for Max.

Hope you like your view down to the coast Neil!
Max, actually you have the same view from higher up ...

I just LOVE the bark on the Forest Red Gums.

Attachments

• NeilTreeLabel.jpg
    NeilTreeLabel.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 686
  • NeilTreeView.jpg
    NeilTreeView.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 657
  • MaxTreeLabel.jpg
    MaxTreeLabel.jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 759
  • MaxTree.jpg
    MaxTree.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 680
Love those pictures Tillie!

Tillie those pictures made me cry. You are such a good hearted person!

Hey, I want a tree! I'll even send you one of our pretty purple Kick Als Shining Star team shirts for naming rights. Perhaps one of the trees your mama koalas hang out?

Look what you started Tillie and Neil!

What a neat idea naming the trees after them. I'll just settle for you naming one of the Koala's Kim or Skipper. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back