Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
US
State
Washington
City
Bellingham
I posted this what I call my "Glass Half Full" outlook on another thread last week but I would like to share my admittedly odd approach to my (our) disease with others.

I don't know about any of you but I only have ALS 16-17 hrs a day! When I'm asleep ( I admittedly may have a more restful sleep than many here) my world is NORMAL - no ALS! I don't have any limitations, everything in my dreams are normal, I have no struggles. x

Boy do I ever look forward to my sleep in a "Normal" world each night!

Think about this for yourself. I know it helps me in my attitude at night.

> Boy do I ever look forward to my sleep in a "Normal" world each night!

Absolutely the same here!
I have had no more than two dreams where I am handicapped. Usually in my dreams I can still run/hike.

I take Klonopin to stop the nightmares. I had nightmares where's being lowered into the water or someone had a pillow over my face. Now they're just regular dreams with me doing regular things. But I rarely remember them

my husband also dreams he is normal. Mine are half and half

> Mine are half and half

same here

I wish I still remembered dreams. I don't anymore. I suspect I no longer sleep as well and spend less time in that phase. Oh well...

Not sure if I'm even asleep long enough at any one time to dream. Usually get about an hour and a half, maybe two, then wake and have to reposition and get a couple more

>Not sure if I'm even asleep long enough at any one time to dream. Usually get about an hour and a half, maybe two, then wake and have to reposition and get a couple more

4 me, I usually wsake around 2 AM, up until 5-6, the sleep/dream 9-10. 1/2 times rememberr dreams 1/2 ALS 1/2 healthy. can't type - albuterol effeect :-(

what are dreams lol sleep is about a thing of the past any more for me. one thing is good. jane is always up before i am. don't know how she dose it.

I go to bed about 930...steve cant sleep til midnight. Luckily he can still get himself to bed because that is the only good sleep I get . Once he is in bed, I sleep very lightly listening for the trilogy alarms and movement in case he needs something. Up at 4 am for work. And so it goes.....I dont remember many dreams but I think it is due to my migraine med. Before I had crazy dreams with sound, vivid color and smells. I would wake up with my heart racing sometimes crying from the dream...it was freaky. I will take the light sleeping.

My heart goes out to those of you who struggle to get a good night's rest! I am grateful for these peripheral benefits that we always took for granted before.

Its definitely one of the hard things with this disease. For my pals, when he doesnt sleep well, it is so muchharder to cope with everything. He will often get up about 7 am for an hr or an hr and a half then sleep til noon. Its how it works for him

A fellow engineer, Jason, fixed my cube so my m300 fits! now if I could figure out how to pull up my pants!

Attachments

• 35.jpeg
    35.jpeg
    305.7 KB · Views: 154
> now if I could figure out how to pull up my pants!

ya. Helpful co-workers will only go so far....

>ya. Helpful co-workers will only go so far....

I hate to admit it, but I got my useless left hand stuck while tryingg my damnedest to pull 'em up, had to sidle along the wall, past my director's office and ask Jason to help. never again :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back