Old 06-01-2013, 03:38 PM #1 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: SMALL TOWN IN
State: ILLINOIS
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
skipper66 is on a very distinguished road
Very Helpful Member
City: SMALL TOWN IN
State: ILLINOIS
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
skipper66 is on a very distinguished road
Default Best medicine!

Many people feel there isn't any good medicine for ALS. But, they are wrong. There is one remedy that is extremely potent. That is prayer. Will it necessarily produce a cure or miracle? It's possible as anything is with God. But, that's not the point. Praying will help you and your loved one's cope and live your life to the fullest not matter what life throws at you. You must never ever give up your faith. When it starts to falter is when you need to talk to God the most. God and only God will give you the strength to carry on. Now, I will share my story:
My mom had colon cancer and after several years of fighting it the doctor said she had terminal cancer. She had many trips to the hospital. One day after visiting her I had a total meltdown. I sunk to my knees in sheer distraught about seeing my mother suffer in pain. While on my knee I begged and begged God to take away the pain of my mother. I asked him if he couldn't cure her to please be with her and let her go peacefully. The very next morning I went to see my mother. I was shocked to see her at her bedside sitting upright in a chair. She looked more beautiful then ever. I then saw that she didn't have on her morphine pump. I was about to call her nurse after I asked her why it wasn't on. She said "Kim, I don't need it now. I'm pain free. The pain left me during the night like some miracle happened.'' I knew that God had answered my prayer. A few weeks later my mother did pass away. She was surrounded by several family members including myself and my father. We were able to say Goodbye, and I love you to each other as our last words. She couldn't have had a more peaceful death. Again, God answered my prayers.
God, may not give you exactly what you ask but will give you what you need. Don't give up on him because he'll never give up on you. Trust him! Kim
Old 06-01-2013, 04:08 PM #2 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: aaaa
State: hmm
Diagnosed: 03/2012
Interest: I am a friend of someone with ALS/MND.
vickim is on a very distinguished road
Extremely Helpful Member
City: aaaa
State: hmm
Diagnosed: 03/2012
Interest: I am a friend of someone with ALS/MND.
vickim is on a very distinguished road
Default Re: Best medicine!

Amen Kim Amen!
Closed Thread

Tags
als, chair, cure, death, family, father, free, goodbye, life, medicine, morphine, never give up, night, pain, story, wrong