Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
MI
City
Plymouth
Hi all. I have always been a huge planner....planning for this problem, or in case that happens and planning for the future. My husband of 24 years who is 52 years old was diagnosed with ALS in November 2012. As you are all well aware, there is NO planning for that news. As a previous person posted, my husband and I are forced to look at what is given in each day with no ability to plan. This has actually been a refreshing change to release that part of my life because it's going to be what it's going to be regardless of what we want or try to plan for. My "plan" is to try to find something positive regarding his condition each and every day. It may be as simple as he is not as stiff walking or he slept well. This also applies to his visit with the dr. at the ALS clinic. We were told last week that although his legs seem more stiff and his speech is slowing, his lungs are good. Try to focus on one positive thing a day and it really helps. Also, if you feel that your future and dreams are shattered, make new dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back