Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
AL
City
Enterprise
I never cease to be amazed by my husband/PALS attitude and grace when it comes to this disease. I have to be honest and say that I'm not sure that I would have the same dignity, grace and strength that he has exhibited since he was diagnosed---were the rolls reversed! That being said, after 26+ years of marriage, Scott continues to amaze me with his upbeat and awesome outlook on life. Despite his progression and things that are to come.....I nonetheless feel blessed because of his faith, trust and overall attitude in the face of this disease! Just thought I'd share.....

Big hugs and prayers to all!

Ruth

That's wonderful, Ruth. You are both really fortunate to have each other. And your husband's attitude, grace and dignity must make your relationship that much stronger and would help get through all of this that much easier for both of you. Bob was like that too. Yasmin.

Thank you for your post and for your love. This disease can be hard on a marriage. I am blessed as well with my loving and courageous CALS. You are very loving and brave and you have my admiration. Being a CALS is very difficult. God bless you!

I am so lucky too!

My husband (aka superman) is the most loving, upbeat and devoted person I have ever known. "Our" illness, in his words, is a "lifestyle change" which we will adopt and navigate together. I never feel alone; in the darkest moments, in the middle of the night, his arms reach out to me and with a tender whisper, he tells me to "hang on tight". And I do. For dear life.

It was good to see the love in these posts. It warms my heart to hear about such carinng. God bless all of you. Kim

You are a lucky lady to have such a caring husband and I think the reverse is true too. Thank you for such a positive message. Sherry

You are a lucky lady to have such a caring husband and I think the reverse is true too. Thank you for such a positive message. Sherry

your also thanks for the latest info :mrgreen::)

Elaine, I am so very glad for you. Your Marty sounds amazing (there's something about man named Marty, apparently, because mine is wonderfull too!) Ruth, you are obviously a wonderful wife and caregiver. It is beautiful that you can find inspiration in Scott's strength.

Reading all of this makes my heart happy.

Ruthie it sure makes it easier when they have an upbeat attitude. Bruce always had a smile..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back