Country
US
State
Washington
City
Seattle
STARTING ANEW THREAD:

CONTEMPLATIVE PRAYER BY RICHARD RHOR

The contemplative mind is the most absolute assault on the secular world view, because it really is an altogether different mind. The ego cannot rely upon it to do its bidding.
The calculating mind of the “small self” reads everything in terms of personal advantage, short-term effort, and “What's in it for me?”—“How will I look?”, “How can I look good?”. It cannot see things in a new, imaginative, or disinterested way. It is still “all about me.”
All the great religions have taught that we need an utterly different perspective, a different vantage point, and a different starting point to see things as God sees them. It cannot start with “me,” or it will end with “me,” too.

Attachments

• PHOTO AMAZING SUN.jpg
    PHOTO AMAZING SUN.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 2,362
Thank you for starting this new thread Sequoia!
I love the reading, and as I focus on acting from my heart~wisdom I do see how
it is so different from my ego's voice. When I follow my intuition I am always
amazed how much better things work out than my fear tells me. This weekend
I reunited with someone with whom I have had a troubled relationship, using my intuition
that it was the right thing...and it was. Thank you for that beautiful reading and God
bless you!

Sequio -loved your post ty - refreshing

Hugs to you sweet Sharon..you are loved♥

I always like your post Sharon...thanks for sharing!

Judy

jUDITH ANN, CARO, WINGS, JONI YOU LIGHT UP MY DAY! LOVE YOU ALL!

Inhaling Love, exhaling Gratitude
connecting Heaven and Earth
Heart and Mind
we are the Breath of Life.

Peace begins with a smile. -- Mother Teresa

Attachments

• photo BABY SMILING.jpg
    photo BABY SMILING.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,074
This was my first post explaining happiness now:

Hello folks, when I read this it kind of gave me a key to happiness, this staying in the moment and praising God for what we have rather than letting our attitude drift to "what could have been"...I hope you find it hopeful. And we could post here the things we are appreciative of TODAY. (but this is not to say that are not very tough times for pals/cals, but for the most part they do pass...)

How to Be Happy Anytime

Post written by Leo Babauta.

My friend Barron recently asked, “If you could be anywhere right now, doing anything you want, where would you be? And what would you be doing?”

And my answer was, “I’m always where I want to be, doing what I want to be doing.”

I’ve notice that in the past, like many people, I was always wishing I was doing something different, thinking about what I would do in the future, making plans for my life to come, reading (with jealousy) about cool things other people were doing.

It’s a fool’s game.

Many of us do this, but if you get into the mindset of thinking about what you *could* be doing, you’ll never be happy doing what you actually *are* doing. You’ll compare what you’re doing with what other people (on Facebook and Twitter, perhaps?) are doing. You’ll wish your life were better. You’ll never be satisfied, because there’s *always* something better to do.

Instead, I’ve adopted the mindset that whatever I’m doing right now is perfect. If I’m writing a post, that’s amazing. If I’m reading blog posts on the Internet, that’s interesting. If I’m doing nothing but hanging out with my family, that’s incredible. If I’m walking outside, enjoying the fresh air, that’s beautiful.

There’s nothing I’m ever doing that isn’t the most incredible thing on Earth. If I’m doing something sucky (I can’t remember doing that recently), maybe that’s an invaluable life lesson. If I’m with someone boring or obnoxious, it’s a lesson in patience, or empathy, or in learning to understand people better.

The Now Mindset, In Practice

Let’s say you’re washing the dishes. Wouldn’t you rather be having a delicious meal instead, or talking with your best friend? Sure, those things are great, but they’re only better if you believe they’re better, and more importantly, the comparison is totally unnecessary. Why should you compare what you’re doing now (washing dishes) with anything else? Wouldn’t almost anything lose out if you compare it to something you like more? Will you ever be happy with what you’re doing if you always compare it with something you like more?

Washing dishes can be as great as anything else, if you decide to see it that way. You’re in solitude, which is a beautiful thing. If you do it mindfully, washing dishes can be pleasant as you feel the suds and water in your hands, pay attention to the dish and its texture, notice your breathing and thoughts. It’s meditation, it’s quiet, it’s lovely.

You can say the same of anything. Driving to work? Enjoy the solitude, the chance to be alone with your thoughts, or to listen to music you love, to see the world around you. In a meeting with co-workers? Pay attention to how people talk and interact, learn about the human mind, see yourself in everyone around you, learn to love anyone no matter who they are, practice giving up expectations of who people should be or what this meeting should be like.

I’m always happy with what I’m doing, because I don’t compare it to anything else, and instead pay close attention to the activity itself. I’m always happy with whoever I’m with, because I learn to see the perfection in every person. I’m always happy with where I am, because there’s no place on Earth that’s not a miracle.

Life will suck if you are always wishing you’re doing something else. Life will rock if you realize you’re already doing the best thing ever.

Your posts are always meaningful and inspirational. Thanks Sequoia.

I hope you're doing well in your new environment. I think of you often. Yasmin.

Thank you for your post today Sequoia. It was amazing and perfect, just like you.

I AM NOT PERFECT KIWI, JUST HUMAN....THANK U ALL FOR COMING HERE... CAN YOU POST WHAT YOU ARE MOST GRATEFUL FOR TODAY!

"See your world as if it's for the first time"! (Be like a child) :)

See the world through the eyes of a child. See the beauty and the love that is all around you. Play, laugh and have fun, just as if it is your very first experience on the earth plane. Imagine what it would be like if you had just arrived from somewhere else with all of your thoughts formed and your words filled with love and you have just come upon a scene where the forest meets the ocean and imagine how breathtaking that moment would be.

It's all about love and forgiveness....
Early, one sunlit morning...the light permeated my soul and the words came that I needed to know:

Attachments

• PHOTO CHILD LAUGHING.jpg
    PHOTO CHILD LAUGHING.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 435
Today, too hard, really can't get it down to just one thing, sorry. Sun was shinning when I woke up, lovely. Before 7:30 a.m. son made a supreme effort and did what he said he would do, even though it was not easy. I had breakfast in bed. All errands were run without issue, before noon and I did not have to get involved in any way. Home made cream of chicken soup was served hot for lunch. My men got the repaired vehicle parts back in the vehicle 10 minutes before it started to hail, for the second day in a row. While they worked I had a few good laughs with some good people and enjoyed my time (relatively) alone with the computer. We are having take aways for dinner so no one is cooking. I have clean sheets on my bed for tonight. I could go on.......but all small things which were each very good and so lastly.....I was reminded just how lucky I am today by a lovely lady who is "just human", like us all and yet still perfectly perfect.

I love that you reposted the first writings about "Happiness Now" Sequoia. I remember it when I first read it and was so moved, literally, to realign myself to be present! I have been struck in thinking that my happiness depends on how I am treated and it has been very limiting. Today, as I feel some real progress toward freeing myself from that thinking, I am so grateful. I am also very grateful for the spiritual guidance that has led me away from some people, yet toward others who are loving. I am grateful for a shift in perception today.

Grateful for the reminder to stay present! Thank you so much!

THANKS FOR POSTING YOUR SWEET THOUGHTS KIWI....ITS THE LITTLE THINGS THAT MAKE LIFE GOOD, LIKE CLEAN SHEETS! I GUESS WE ALL ARE HUMAN AND PERFECTLY PERFECT!

To the people who love you, you are beautiful already. This is not because they’re blind to your shortcomings but because they so clearly see your soul. Your shortcomings then dim by comparison. The people who care about you are willing to
let you be imperfect and beautiful, too.

~~ Victoria Moran

Attachments

• photo blue mountains purple flowers.jpg
    photo blue mountains purple flowers.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 2,230
My earlier post went to moderation, but I just wanted to add my profound gratitude
for the wisdom here, and the people who love us as we are! God bless....

Grateful today to see my friend, always a blessing. Grateful for my
peaceful meditation in the morning and evening, sharing my path
with like~minded souls!

I again reread your original post for this thread and let its wisdom sink in deeper,
will use that as a reminder all day...stay present...thank you and God bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back