Diagnosis
11/2011
Country
US
State
Idaho
City
Star
I am a 64 years old man. I was diagnosed with ALS after over a year of tests. The official ALS diagnosis came with the explanation that there was no treatment adn no cure. My prognosis was a year, perhaps two at best.

My wife and I decided we were going to fight this disease, and she has done extensive research. After reaching a low in January of 2012, we started a turn-a-round. I thought I had played my last game of golf in December of 2011. I now play every chance i get, and hope to play daily, if I so choose. I have the strength and energy to do so. All I need is time, but that will come as I move toward retirement.

No one shoud ever receive a hopeless death sentence, as I did. I am not only doing better than I have in a year, I fully expect to beat this thing.

I am happy to share what is working for us with any that wish to listen.

I believe my mission is to now give hope to other ALS sufferers. God bless all that have this disease.

Kim

I would like to hear more. I will listen.

Don't give up!

Don't give up!

Here we support you and your wife.

Notice the original poster has been banned-sad.

i expect i have been banned

Notice the original poster has been banned-sad.

It's not sad! Y'all have to understand that there is NOTHING that has been proven effective to TREAT ALS! (Oh, I forgot Rilutek, right) Even stem cells are a far reach. There is no proven protocol to prolong a pALS life except for a high fat diet and feeding tube/BiPap/Trach.

Be aware that spammers, scammers come to this sight to entice you to buy their goods. They are wolves in sheep's clothing. Do your research! There are new scams all the time and they do NOT care if you are terminal! They just want your money. Do you not think the research scientists have aready gone down the road of supplements, diet, hyperbolic chamber, accupuncture, herbs from China and the list goes on? Yes! They have. I know every research scientist would love to announce their discovery of the CURE or the TREATMENT to slow progression.

Not sad that this poster was banned. Why would you be banned Pear? What have you done to think you might be?

This person posted in PALS section too. I replied with a warning as I thought what they were claiming to have done (come off Bipap) can be deadly experimentation for many PALS.

Dani

Now let me tell you the latest cure I heard yesterday. My daughter has been working part time at a little country restaurant a guy came and she told him about me having ALS he said he knew a person that went to a doctor in Oklahoma he believed in being as natural as you could and the way to cure ALS is by eating Rattle Snake meat that it has something in it.Now if this was true I know were to find lots of BIG ones you see several years ago our government didn't think we had enough of them here and brought a bunch in and dump them in our forrest. Another case of tax dollars at work.Now I have never ate snake, know some people that has and say it's good, and just maybe IF I thought it would work I might get it into my mouth.

Last edited:
To Brooksea: your comment is interesting, however, I completely disagree with you. Today's mainstream medical research and doctors want your money just as much as anyone else. You think they want a find a cure? Not a chance! Do you know how much money would be lost if they cured cancer? It will NEVER be cured because it's an enormous industry that is generating enormous amounts of dollars for all the "research scientists" and "dotors" involved. ALS is no different. The only thing that is ever going to happen within the mainstream medical system is that they are going to come up with some sort of "drug" which will cost thousands and thousands of dollars and all the ALS patients will need to take it and it won't make one bit of difference. Just like rilutek. Anyone who is diagnosed with a functional disease needs to get off this train to nowhere. The best idea I've heard yet is to eat rattle snakes. We really need to take this into our own hands and forget about western medicine all together. So contrary to what you are saying, I think the ONLY cure is going to be found outside of this mainstream, universally accepted "medical research".

Sam, I am not as cynical as you. I wouldn't lump all researchers into one pile. There are pALS that have taken things into their own hands, my husband was one of them, but there is a difference between eating rattlesnakes and keeping strict records and controls of self experimentation. I do agree that the pharmaceutical industry is despicable and the medical professionals they have in their back pockets are just as bad. It well may be that someone outside of the medical research field will come up with a answer to this horrible disease. Until then, just be careful where you throw your money, as pALS that have gone before you have been down that road and gained nothing but empty pockets and dashed hopes. Due diligence...

Sam, I typed out a nice reply earlier. It went to moderation. Maybe it will show up later.

now i don't know if it was me my post had nothing to do with bi-pac, only what i was doing that i thought was slowing progression, definately not stopping it or reversing it. i sell nothing nor promote anything

Pearshoot -
My husband did everything you listed that you do. He was diagnosed in April, 2010 and died in August, 2011. Your progression is slow. His was fast. I am so happy for you! But, it really has nothing to do with what you are doing, or my husband's progression would have slowed down, too.

I was banned too. I'm not a scammer. I just posted some links about research being done, a video about a girl who was healed by faith (under a topic which was supposed to have this kind of thing since the author asked if anybody was healed) and a link about an herb that can (I said can, not that actually works) helps with the disease. I asked the moderator and they said I continually posted "non-authoritative website links" so my profile is under moderation now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back