Diagnosis
11/2008
Country
US
State
Kansas
City
Emerald
After a recent phone conversation with my parents, I realized how often we turn to "seasoned" doc tors for our care, medical break throughs et cetera.

Well, I recently have had a personal eye opening experience on medical break throughs! I know this next part has nothing to do with ALS, but our children hold the key to our future.

My sister owns half of a land developing company in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. Home to U.S. Naval Academy, Johns Hopkins, NIH and many other great facilities (Sorry, name dropping). She has an Engineer, who's 15, I REPEAT, who's 15 YEAR OLD SON, Jack Andreakas (spelling), just developed a stick test to diagnose pancreatic cancer. He won $100,500.00 with this medical break through. So many times, we don't want that young "green" doc tor to treat us. Maybe we need to start looking at this younger generation for help.

My next text will be to my sister to ask for help. It can't hurt. Fresh eyes! Fresh ideas!

Fantastic! (no pun intended) What a genius. He's got a wonderful future ahead of him!

it's often the ones who dont know it cant be done who actually do it! what a smarty!

Cool Toto,

I think that's great!

Jen

2 years ago, his brother won a science prize through MIT. And I can't even spell the name correctly.

ANDRAKA's , first name Jack. The link was to the Baltimore Sun. Fantastic article. Jack developed this in a lab at Johns Hopkins. A doc tor allowed him use of it. He spent Friday nights and school breaks developing this 3 cent test. And no, I didn't drop any zero's. 3 cents.

Amazing, Absolutely Amazing.

Great news to share ..thanks

Wow that is truly one blessed family to be soooo smart! It just goes to show you......never give up believing in that miracle or cure!

WOW Amazing is the word. and at 15 years old, WOW!....

Thanks, David. I know you were responsible for getting my link to work. I really appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back