Diagnosis
02/2012
Country
US
State
Changing soon
City
Changing soon
Reading the Things I Hate thread in the Past Caregivers' section, I was struck by cubcake's "I love that I got to walk in the sunshine with him today, and I closed my eyes and pretended for just a moment that we were 'normal.'" It was right at the bottom of the post and it just about knocked me over. I have been reading the Things I Hate thread, hating that so many people are hurting and in so much pain. So when I read that simple sentence, I thought: We need a counter-balance to that thread. It's a wonderful thread and very important, so by doing this, I am in no way criticizing or belittling it; I just thought we could also have a thread on the other end of the line. I'll start.

I love that my mom is counting the days until I move back to her house.

I love how delighted she sounds when I talk to her on the phone.

I love that my martial arts community is donating $615 to the ALS Association in her honor, and they have never even met her.

I love that it's finally full-fledged spring here and my yard is completely in bloom.

I love that when I am crying, my little brain-damaged kitten will let me hug him and hold him until the sobs subside.

I love that my son came home from college on Saturday and has hugged and back-rubbed and held me while I cry and asked questions about ALS and has made it clear that he is willing to do whatever it takes to help his grandma and help me help his grandma.

I love that the woman who will be taking care of my home until my return is a recent widow and needs the peaceful space of my home as much as I need her to take care of it while I am gone.

I think that's about all I can think of for right now. This has been a hard week and I am so sad for all here who are grieving and hurting. Maybe this will help a little, I don't know.

Lovely! Thanks so much for sharing the things that you love.

I love that 6 months ago, the doctors who were responsible for taking care of one of my Forum Mom's knew what they were doing, and brought her back to us.

I love friends

That is all

Liz, you're so sweet.

I love that I got a second chance in life, to make things work and to be here with my family. You may not be blood but you all top my family 150 percent.

I love that MP's started this thread.
I love that yesterday I took a walk in the native bush with my husband.
I love that the 3 people I love most, love me so much, they live with me.
I love that I found a new friend who really understand what I am going through.
I love that I have so many good friends who care about me and each does what they can to support me in their own special way.
I love that I have a lovely garden just outside my window and door.
I love that I have forum friends to share this journey with.
I love that I saw the moon set and the sun rise one more day.
I love that MP's started this thread.

I love that you all are on this forum and help me make it through the days... and nights.

Thank you MP!

I love that I have another day with Rog and his sense of humor, his dignity.
I love that we have Marvelous Maddie.
I love that I have my daughter back from her perilous choices and she's a great mom.
I love that Melissa is walking to raise money for ALS in her dad's name and she's a captain.
I love that I have 11 days of school left (but who's counting).
I love that I have great friends in my life; here, at work and in my community.
I love that I have a sister who accepts me and lets me cry when I need to.
I love that we don't have to walk alone.
I love that I can afford a housekeeper (why did I wait so long?)
I love that I am blessed!

Jen

I love that something I said created a positive moment for someone special.

I love that something you said created a positive moment that lead to a positive post that lead to more positive moments which in turn lead to more positive post and moments......and so on.
I love the positive flow on effect!

I love this thread!

I love all of the people that surrounded us with love and support from Terry's diagnosis until his death (and some, beyond).

I love this forum for helping me find so many answers!

I love my 3 crazy shih tzus that kept Terry entertained and keep me company.

I love that ALS gave Terry and me the opportunity to get back to basics and rediscover that we liked being around each other 24/7.

I love that God took Terry gently and peacefully home. I love that the Lord allowed me to be there with him and that he gave us the gift of ignorance so we were unaware of what was happening and therefore, unafraid.

I love that only the good memories are rising to the surface.

I love that my son could stand in front of a room full of people during his Eagle scout ceremony and smile while he talked about his father in his speech.

I love Terry.

Wow, great a thread and I needed it today :)

I love this forum and all who are part of it and make it so special.

I love that my neighbor mowed my lawn for two weeks until the parts to my mower arrived - and then he installed them.

I love that my kids seem to be having a relatively normal life (with all the ups and downs), despite having Mom and Dad and ALS in our house. My son is away most of the time, but I love that my daughter will stay will Dad when Mom and I both have to go out.

I love that it's spring.

I love that my company has been very very flexible with my schedule since this began months ago.

I love that our neuro's nurse is so responsive to e-mail and that our home nurse is working out so well.

I love that reading this thread brightened my day :)

Great post.

I love beer, and the people I share it with.

I love hugs from my kids.

I love my wife for treating me the same.

I love that I took a walk today, it rained, and I smiled, cause I could.

and, I love my d octor for never giving up on me or this stupid ass diagnosis.

I love my forum family.

... ah, hell, I love everyone, and everything, cause I can! (except the negetive, hateful tolls that sometimes infect this site)

Cheers,
Casey

I love Missy's post

I Love this post!
I Love my new PWC!
I Love we are all here for each other no matter what
I Love that the sun can up today
I Love all my family here and most of all I Love all of YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back