Op - Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Youre the man Ted. Youre the man :)

Shared on FB, Ted. Has the weakness actually reversed? That is so amazing and I am so happy for you and your family :)

Ted's our miracle man around here!

Sharlene, I say this with extreme caution, I did have strength return, this was documented through strength tests, EIM tests (new tests that is only used in a few locations that measures muscle deterioration by timing how long it takes for electrical waves to travel through your muscles). While I want to spread hope, I do not want to spread false hope. The Dr's have documnted the emprical data but can not explain it. There have been 15 patients to date and so far I am the only one to see this "miracle". The Dr's do not know if it is the stem cells immune supressing drugs etc. Remember this is a phase I safety trial. As a matter of fact they know so little that despite the fact that there have been other trials using immune suppressing drugs they are actually designing a trial now that would take patients who were early in progression and recently diagnosed and put them on the same immune supressing drugs I am on (as are the other 14 patients).

Of course they are continuing the stem cell trial as well and may even end up giving me more stem cells.

So I want nothing more then a treatment for everyone and hope for everyone which is why I want the bills passed so the ability will be there to speed up trials and encourage investment. I am not advocating for any one treatment but a faster process to benefit all.

Ted, that is one heck of an Op-Ed. I worked in pharma regulatory affairs as a consultant for many years. In the earlier days mainly around new drug applications and clinical studies. While there can be a lot wrong with the industry, the people working in trials are genuinely dedicated.

I sincerely hope that the trial continues to work for you, that the Phase I studies pass muster and Phase II planning is well underway. Your advocacy work will benefit so many. Thank you.

ps, now to go read up on that legislation.

Thanks for clarifying, Ted. I'm still so very happy for you and yours :) Thanks for being part of the trial and for advocating for treatment of others. You are truly an inspiration!

Thanks for sharing Ted.
You're doing a great job, keep that energy flowing.

Cheers,
Casey

Everyone when you read the article on the right hand side is a "reccommend" this page button for FB, linked in and twitter. If you could reccommend and share I would appreciate it. I am hoping that enough interst will be generated that two things become of it. 1) The paper will allow me to submit more Op-Ed's periodically about ALS and 2) that I can testify in front of a Congressional Committee about these bills, which is something I am working on.

Thanks!

Ted- I hope my "miracle" statement didnt upset you. I said that with the best intentions.

Liz absolutely not! I have blessed more then any one person deserves, it did not phase me a bit. I always know where your intentions lie!

You never need to apologize to me! :)

Good job, Ted!

Thank you so much for sharing this. You answered my first post yesterday and I mentioned this trial.
I am taking your advice, and it's still nice to feel extremely cautiously hopeful.

Ted, Your outcome does give us hope. Thanks for sharing your wonderful article. Like Liz said, your the man!

Great article, thanks for sharing. Without hope what is there? Everyone needs to be made aware of ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back