Diagnosis
05/2011
Country
US
State
GA
City
EGA
An inspiring story about a special ALS patient from Oregon featured on the CBS Evening News...

CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley - On the Road: Giving thanks to the community angel

CBS Evening News with Scott Pelley - On the Road: Giving thanks to the community angel - YouTube

As part of the continuing series "On the Road," Steve Hartman tells the story of Woody Davis and the community in Corbett, Ore., who are paying Woody back for all the good deeds he has done for the people in his community over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't fnd it. Got a better link?

AL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw this when it aired last week. Made me cry, of course!

Aww. There are good people out there.

Oh my goodness. Just watched this and cried. I noticed the lack of use in his left hand and then of course the slurring. That was Bob too. Too sad.

I seen it about a month ago on Sunday Morning with Charles Ozgood. That scene where the whole town is signing the wooden box that looks like a truck. I think his son built it, the whole town writing messages on it. then the camera panned out and it was his casket. Thats when I lost it, and knew what this more, nice hard working man had.............

OMG, This made me cry, I am going to share it on.......yup, hope family will watch. Thanks for sharing with us. {{{HUGS}}}}

Just shared this. How can you watch it and not cry?

What a great man and his community, he's got it right on so many levels.

Wow, we should all be this lucky! Guess he has great karma; so glad he gets know it!

6 months to live, yet he is walking around? ALS must hit people differently. My mom hasn't been able to walk on her own for over a year and she can talk pretty well, although she takes a breath after every few words. But she can yell!

That was awesome ty for sharing

Thanks for posting this. The outpouring of affection from loved ones and stranger is heart warming. What a wonderful man he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back