Graduation & pallet party with grandbabies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruthiep

Distinguished member
Reason
Loved one DX
Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
AL
City
Enterprise
Thought I share some happy news for our family....our youngest daughter graduated today with her respiratory therapy degree! It’s amazing how the good Lord works! Approx. 2 years ago she decided she was tired of her major at Troy and wanted something different.....Scott and I were perplexed by her decision to change schools, etc. but figured what the hay.....we simply wanted her to do something that would get her off the gravy train and lead to employment! It was approximately 6 months before ALS entered our lives and Scott was diagnosed! Again....of all the fields that child could have chosen. She’ll go back to Troy this summer and take her last 2 classes and complete here BS in Biology....she doesn’t know what she’ll do with it but figures it could never hurt to have! We are so very proud of her! On a 2nd happy note, our youngest grandson is staying the night with us! Since he still moves around quite a bit a night, Scott suggested we “camp” out in the living room! OMG, too funny! 14 blankets, quilts and sheets and I’m sitting watching Scott with both of the grandsons snoozing away on the floor! I’m so blessed that my PALS is still such a trooper to sleep on the floor with the boys and I knowing that he’s probably gonna be incredibly stiff and sore in the morning! Sorry for the long post but I couldn’t help myself. Hugs and warm thoughts to all!

Ruth

I am so inspired by your post. Love the fun spirit of your husband and the path
that your daughter has chosen...feels inspired too! Thank you and God bless you all!

What a great story. Good luck to your daughter.
My daughter likes to make a tent and sleep in the living room. I get an air mattress!

It is so nice to hear good. Camping on the floor that memory will be with them for the rest of their lives. Congratulations of the Graduation of your daughter. I can't believe she chose that subject and then it would hit home like this . WOW. Sounds like her parents did a wonderful job.14 blankets, haha that must have looked like a big bird nest.

Hope the hubby wasn't too sore...lol

Thank you so much for sharing this with us! It made my day...kids are the best...I wish I could borrow some for Christmas! Have fun.

great story Ruthie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back