Diagnosis
01/2011
Country
US
State
AL
City
Enterprise
Despite the changes that have come our way since we started this ALS journey, I have to say that we are so still so very blessed! I actually allowed someone to help me decorate the Christmas tree this year.....(people that actually know me would still be trying to pick their chins up off the floor)! Our oldest grandson, who is almost four and lives with us, is absolutely gaga over everything Christmas this year! He helped me decorate the tree tonight (so what if 8 ornaments are on the same branch and the tree is now lopsided---he's grinning)! His excitement over every t-tiny little thing has brought more smiles to our family than I ever thought possible given the circumstances! I'm so very thankful for that precious angel~he's keeps our spirits alive and brings a smile and joy to my PALS a/k/a precious Hub's face!

Hugs, thoughts and prayers to all!

Ruth

Dear Ruth,

You have made me smile, big time. I love those stories. I am a grand-pa. We, each one are
so very blessed to have relationships. I have the 3 r's,. Rules with out Relationship, brings
Rebellion.

My wife, "gentler than I" will always say when the grand kids get me going. "It will be alright."
She is not as gentle when she wants me to do something, and I say; "It will be alright." :)

Anyway, I am so thankful that you are able to post a great time that you are having. I share
those times and thoughts with you and your family. Keep up the high road.

Hugs right back at you..

Jim

Hi Ruth
My friend came over last week and helped me decorate our Christmas tree. It was great fun. We hadn't put these decorations up for years since I used a smaller tree in the old house and she couldn't understand how excited I was to see ornaments I hadn't seen for years. She's coming back after the holidays to help me take it down.

I no longer turn down any offers of help for anything in our lives! I certainly can't do it all by myself.

My husband's friend is coming this morning to help cut up wood in our natural areas that were left by the previous owners. So it certainly takes a village around here!

It is these things that keep us open hearted, and grateful for what we have, rather than bitter for what we have lost! Keep this attitude all along the journey! Children are such a gift because they can stay in the present moment with joy. Thanks for sharing!

I so know what you mean grandchildren just absolutely melt your heart. Mine lived with us for about a year now they are living with their dad my son. They know memaw is sick. But we have not told them the whole story ..Dalton is 9. And Stepahanie is 5. We have been completely honest with them at each new symptom. When I first got my feeding tube it was a little scary. Question like does I hurt. Can you taste the food when it goes in the tube . Now to sweet part. While we spent 3 days with them thanksgiving my little grandaughter saying. Can I feed you memaw. Lol only took an hour each time but she was so proud to be taking care of memaw. And then there was Dalton. Do you need anything. Memaw. I will help you. Like my mom said. There's a whole lotta love in those little hands that is what I hate most about this diease leaving them.

Felicia, How sweet your little Grands are! They sure do love their Memaw!

I would not take all the money in the world nor trade my life. For the precious time I have had with those angels. They lost their mother last year. I had them at the time. We all held on for dear life through that. I will do whatever it takes not to leave them to soon

Amen to that, Felicia. Bless their precious hearts.

There is something about having grandchildren. I have two grandsons, 4 and 6. One day at work a co-worker and I were talking about our children and she told me that if she knew having grandchildren would be like this she would have had them first. Mine live 1 1/2 hours away from me so I only get to see then twice a month. They love coming up and staying with us. My oldest grandson's name is Graham and last year he made me a birthday day which said "Happy Birthday Grahama" He still calls me that. When they walk into my house and they see my husband and I their eyes just light up and they come running for a hug. Whenever I feel down I just think of them and it always brings on a smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back