Diagnosis
09/2010
Country
US
State
ME
City
central
a year ago today, my life changed with those awful words "It's ALS". Today, I am filled with admiration for all those on this forum who have lived with this far longer, and still retain their sense of self, a sense of humor, and an open heart. I am learning a lot. And I am filled with love for the family and friends who help me physically, emotionally, and spiritually every day. It is a group journey, and the good part about becoming dependent on others (I never expected there would be a good part!) is the humility and trust that is growing in my heart.
Forward, day by day, keeping faith, and sharing love. Thank you.

Sue

That's so wonderful! I find it hard to ask for help, but I really don't have a choice. I've always been so independent. But I have a wonderful husband who takes good care of me and a loving family. I've had ALS for a little over two years. Yes humility and trust are the key. Hugs

Sue, your interior attitude is wonderful. I think trust is the key word...sometimes my mind gets off track and starts thinking about what is comine and I get all bent out of shape...trust...it is the key, trust in God, trust in those whose care you are entrusted to...but we are able to give love in return....love and trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back