Beautiful Friendship Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, that is so powerful a story....I love all you cals who are there everyday for your pals...I pray for you for strength and courage, and most of all love, that hard-to-come-by love that sticks with someone through thick and thin.....thanks for posting this!

Wonderful. I say this disease will show pals who are their true friends are.

A wonderful and sad/happy story. Thanks for posting Susan! Yes, I am amazed at the people who care that I didn't know or know about. The ones that don't probably just don't know how to care.
Bless them all!

Wow...such a touching story....this is TRUE friendship to the fullest!

I love that story. What an amazing friend he was! Thanks for sharing that!

Kinda reminds me of the movie "Tuesday's with Morey" Jack Lemon starred in it. A relatioinship
between a young man who had been a student of the ALS patient. I am sure most of you have
seen it.

Eddie and me are a little the same. Some of the things that were left out of this story are the
bedpan adventures. Of course before that, were the lifting him on and off the pot. Either way
one had to wipe and put on patches if there were any sores and such.

I am glad I finally got some help doing all that. I vowed to write his story one day, but realized
no one really cares, in the mass's. I get that.
Some of the nurses we get have tears of laughter when Eddie and I get to going. I was best
man at his wedding. He is divorced now.

At our place I am the only one, besides his boy Eric, that has ever heard his voice. So, I speak
for him and he just smiles and smiles. Sorry to say it is usually some off color idea's. One of the
nurse's told a joke the other day that had us in stitches.

We even make supositories fun. Yesterday I was imbarrased at Wal-mart asking where the
K-Y jelly was? It is in the family planning section. Ha. I have to just wonder what they think,
and yet, I can't let that bother me...So, we laugh and let the reality have its way.

Sorry for going long, but as each one of us know, the disease consumes all your time.

God Bless you all for your purposed relationships.

Jim your K-Y jelly story reminds me of my similar experience. When we had the farm and the horses, my gelding Scribbles always got a grubby sheath. I read that slathering on K-Y Jelly would help keep it clean. I went into the pharmacy to buy some and saw little tubes of the stuff that I figured wouldn't go far with a 1200 lb. gelding. So I asked the pharmacy if they had "giant tubes of K-Y Jelly". Well if looks could kill--I got a glare and a very abrupt "no". I started to stammer out an explanation of what I wanted it for, but the pharmacist was long gone before I could explain <g>.
Laurel

Laurel, That tops my story. I think I would have started out with the horse story before asking. ;-)

Jim

You're right Jim. I should have started with the explanation. I still find myself flushing red when I think back to the reaction I got at the pharmacy. They obviously thought I was some kinky person.
Laurel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back