Diagnosis
02/2010
Country
US
State
mo
City
nixa
has anyone read book titled "eric is winng"? now thats a book of hope. he is very extreme but may raise some good points. neurologist #1 in dec 09 stated i suspect als. immediately found the book and adapted some of his ideas. not as extreme but appears to be working for me.

i have bought nothing that is listed in the book. have modified his diet using a blender and take some of the supplements. I did point out he is extreme. I too recommend staying away from foot baths and miricle water. I still subscribe to a good diet, some supplements to keep the body healthy and pma.

Just curious -- if you are not adhering to Eric's program, why are you recommending his book? Not only is Eric on record as stating that the reason other people haven't been able to replicate his results is because they don't adhere strictly enough to his program, but he also has never presented any independently verifiable evidence to show that his program has any effect on ALS patients at all. There even appears to be a question as to whether or not Eric even has ALS, since he will not provide access to either his medical records or his doctors so that even his personal claims can be independently verified.

No reputable ALS practitioner (that I know of) recommends Eric's program and no researchers are attempting to replicate his results because neither the nutrition claims nor the medical claims have been found credible.

We have this discussion here about twice a year and there is always someone who is trying the program. I've never yet heard of anyone who has been able to reverse ALS progression using the program. I've yet to meet anyone who will even attempt to make the case that the program might have slowed their progression, much less stopped or reversed it, once they had a year or so of experience with the disease. I have also seen the same results at a couple of other ALS/MND sites that I monitor.

Mostly, Eric's program serves as a psychological crutch that helps people get through the initial shock and denial stages of the disease to a stage of level emotional keel and acceptance of one's circumstances. It gives them something physically harmless to do during a time of great fear of the unknown and much anger at the lack of options from conventional medicine. Thus, it may be a false hope that is not as psychologically devastating when it bursts -- a small letdown, rather than a great one -- as opposed to the more expensive scams being run out there. Not too different from the patent medicine of your great-great-grandmother's day.

My $0.02 USD.

when whispers"i am sorry you have als" what do you do? my daughter found the book, bought it and i read it. yes it gave me hope, did none of the so called treatments, modified the diet and started taking some of the supplements. my suppliments changed,still taking a few. i am not recommending the book or his program but where does some go on the second day? i found this site one year after being diagnosed. still doing good. i have been truely blessed compared to some. still willing to share what i have been doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back