Amazing story!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very amazing, indeed! Thanks for posting this. He lives about 45 minutes up the road from me.

Great story!

Hi,

By 'eck lad! Grand job.

Best wishes

Graham

read same story but unable to find e-mail of jeff ilive 55miles away

In reply to amazing story!

I'm not writing this to brag, boast or to get personnel recognition. I just want to give people diagnosed with this disease: ALS/MND, hope and inspiration! I was diagnosed with this disease. In 1977. 34 years ago. I sought three different opinions from three different neurologist. They all came to the same conclusion: "you've got 3 to 5 years to live. You should immediately put your affairs in order". Today, I'm still alive, walking and talking. I've got absolutely no power in either hands or arms! I used vice recognition. I take no treatment whatsoever for the disease. I haven't visited, a neurologist in 20 years? Once I received, the gift of acceptance from God -- I never looked back. I just want this to be of help and inspiration to those recently diagnosed, as one person pointed out in the form, everyone does not die fast with ALS/MND. There are plenty of people diagnosed with terminal illnesses, who survive a long lifespan. I say to people diagnosed with this disease: "the faster you accept your condition, the longer you will survive.". Anger, denial, frustration and aggression will only accelerate the condition!
Good luck to all of you with this disease, we're in this together. And by corresponding, we will give hope.
Andy McGovern.

hey andy,34yrs is very amazing..........thought about going back to a neuro for a further opinion?
there was a lady from the uk who was diagnosed with als 10yrs but saw little progression.
she had wondered if they were right so got another opinion but the als diagnosed was again confirmed.
this desease is so crazy with the varid progression but i do agree a positive attitude helps along way.
take care.
caroline.

positive attitude helps but my son is the one taking it harder. i have learn to accepted

Hello Caroline.

Thank you for replying. I just want to say that I'm not the only longtime survivor of MND, here in Ireland. I know, a woman who has got the disease, 22 years. And another man, who was got this disease: 29 years. We meet up every year at our AGM and exchange our predicament. We also exchange laughter, jokes and good humor. We are meeting for the past 20 years. We also get the feeling that our neuro professionals would rather that we would go away. :) . None of us are taking any treatment! And none of us are affected in the same way. We will live for the moment. Regards Andy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back