Tony Proudfoot article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inspirational! Thanks for posting.
Sue

Thanks Lori! Tony Proudfoot announced that he had ALS in the fall of 2007 at the same time as I was being tested and his story and courage has always been an inspiration to me.

As Christmas approaches, my thoughts are consumed by my dad. This time last year, he was very sick, but he bounced back enough to truly enjoy the holidays with his family and he was all smiles. I will never forget how hard my dad fought his battle against ALS. Tony Proudfoot was a big inspiration to my father and I had the pleasure of meeting Tony at an ALS support group meeting here in Montreal in the Spring of 2009. He was friendly, extremely adept at communicating with his Dynavox and had a great sense of humor. When he saw me at the ALS Walk a few months later, he came to say hello and I was thrilled that my dad got to meet him. There was an instant complicity between them, each knowing what the other was fighting. I am so sad to hear of Tony's decline. It makes me emotional because I know too well what his children are living at this time. It's an oddly poignant and heart wrenching time.

CBC, The National has a video article on Tony tonight. I will post a link if I can find it.

Oh no! I bookmarked this article yesterday and wanted to return to it today to copy out the 4 goals Tony followed - they were great! Now the Vancouver Sun says article is not available. Did anyone download it by chance?

Sue

Tony seems to anticipate that his life is coming to an end soon. I was surprised because he is on a ventilator which should be able to keep him alive. It sounds like he had some serious bouts with pneumonia earlier this year, maybe that damaged his lungs?

Sue, try the link that Lori posted, it still works for me.

Got it through another link. Thanks, all--

Hal, I am wondering the same thing.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back