Diagnosis
01/2000
Country
UK
State
hampshire
City
portsmouth
I was first suspected of having MND over ten years ago and after a series of tests it was confirmed vaguely. My GP signed me off work and the prognosis was quite gloomy. I was unhappy with my consultant and asked to change. The new consultant was much younger and more positive. I had been signed off work and effectively registered disabled and yet my only real symptoms were confined to my left hand, arm, and left side of my chest. After a period of 'mourning' (I had three young children) I decided that I had enough and would return to work. Ten years on, and the main degeneration is confined to my left hand, which is skeletal and pretty useless. My left arm is visibly smaller than my right. The most significant other symptoms I can report are terrible cramps all over my body that are much more frequent, and the reason that I have just joined this forum. I have to say however that I know I am lucky, but I have always had a positive attitude throughout the illness, in fact I have tried not to even acknowledge it's existence. The cramps have become so painful that I will revisit my consultant, but only in an attempt to get some treatment for the cramps.
Wishing everyone the best, and available for comment at most times.

Your post reminds me of that wonderful song with the line 'always look on the bright side of life'. Sorry to hear of the cramps though. I don't know what others do about this but my pals takes a 300mg dose of quinnine sulphate daily which works wonders.

its really great that you are progressing so slowly. Glad you have decided to join. As jellycat said, im sorry to hear that you are cramping so much. and i agree, a positive attitude can attribute to so much when it comes to our health.

siscutt, I take lots of water for my my leg cramps. I like your positive attitude. It is a plus for you. I also find that when I resign myself to the inevitable and not fight what I cannot control, my life is more peaceful and calm. You will learn that you are not going to die tomorrow and will have many more wonderful days with your family and friends. It's taking me forever to type this reply with my right pinky, but who cares; I have all the time in the world. :razz: Cheers!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back