Bed helps pALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to sell the house and buy a bed!

Thanks, CJ. I'll ask for one for Christmas... gee, Phil, all I want is a hospital bed. Seriously, does anyone have a massage feature or a good "turning system"? What if this $80,000 bed didn't turn well? Turn ME well is what I meant. (My favorite repair man tells me to stay away from computerized appliances. I wonder if he works on beds...Oh. He's my second favorite, since Phil is in first place.)

I know, I know! Probably costs $800 to produce! LOL But for the poor guy in the hospital, I'm sure he's lovin it...or maybe the nurses are the ones really lovin it! hmmmm

Ann, when you asked if your repair man works on beds did you mean "works on beds" or did you mean "works on beds"? ;-);-) I guess that is why you said that Phil is your number one repair man.

Barry, you are a stitch. :rolleyes: Simon and I haven't ever had that kind of discussion.:!: I mainly ask him what has good repair ratings, and he (this is partly why he's A-OK) tells me what will probably go wrong next, how to tell Phil to replace it and the part name to ask for at the appliance repair place to save calling him out. He also always comes the same day if called by mid-morning. Phil does not work on computerized appliances.
Sheesh.:shock::shock::lol:

I would give anything if my husband's bed would "undulate." I believe that was a BethU terminology!

Oh, you're of course speaking of an "ocean like effect". CJ, such a romantic... Speaking of undulating, massaging and things of that nature, my alternating air mattress has NOT alternated right under my hip one night. This was not a massaged knot kind of a feeling, either. It woke me up. I can't shift... but eventually got one leg sort of bent, changing the angle of torture. Maybe $8K is reasonable. Let me think some more.

Amazing! Wouldn't it be nice if they could get the cost down and make it available for ALS patients. It does sound fantastic - for both patients and caregivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back