Diagnosis
07/2009
Country
US
State
FL
City
Miami
Chase Bank is running a campaign on Facebook that will be awarding 5 MILLION dollars to charities throughout the country. * One charity will receive $250k * 4 runners-up will receive $100k * 195 others will receive $20k

We all know the miraculous, loving work that ALSGA does to our PALS and CALS. The generosity behind this organizations success has been largely because of the humble gifts and tireless efforts of Stu Millheiser. Being able to have money from Chase Community Giving would allow him to do sooo much more! And it's all about votes! Imagine what $250,000 could do for the people we love and know.

Stu has given me permission to set up the page so that people will have a chance to see a little about the organization. I still need someone who has video editing talent to help me edit a video to put on the site (it has to be only 2 minutes!)...

There are lots of us on Face Book and most of you have already voted. But, please consider sending an invitation to all your friends and families. Every story I read of when Stu is able to do something for someone in our community moves me to my core-spreading the word about this project costs us nothing but our time and energy.

We did it for Kinga-let's do this for ALSGA (Stu)-he would never ask...so I am.
Peace,
Melody
PS-My facebook name is Melody Mucci Parrish!

PLEASE go to my facebook page and click on the link for Chase Community Giving.

Last edited:
Please tell your family and friends to go vote for ALSGA Chase Community Giving on Facebook

The top 200 charities will receive a significant donation from Chase Community Giving...PLEASE GET THE WORD OUT...

Thank you Melody. I wonder of you could foward this to Nancy O' Dell, she is a huge ALS supporter, and with her famous contacts who knows? Thank you for always looking out for Stu .. Would not want to have this world without he and his daughter in it.. GET OUT THE VOTE...

We need to have at LEAST 500 people vote for ALSGA to make the top 200 at this point. Come on folks-get your family and friends to just click and vote...ALSGA is such a gift to our community. I REALLY want to see it get some monies from Chase!

Peace,

Mel, I had posted this in the events thread when we first started to try and stir up some interest...I cast my vote weeks ago and sent the link to everyone. I think the new word I will coin is ALS apathy...I am soul sad by this lack of support and enthusiasm. love to you

I sent the link to some heavy hitters on facebook. Now let the ALS apathy end.. Ugghh.. Why cant we be trendy and political, well then we would have a cure. Sorry sometimes it is just so frustrating..

Thanks for the suggestion H4C about Nancy O'Dell. I sent her an email to the address that was listed on her Face Book page, but could not see a way to attach a link for her to see. Hopefully she'll actually read the email and be prompted to action.

Peace,
Melody

So I've sent the link to Ellen Degeneres as well as Nancy O'Dell as well as everyone in my Face Book address...We need to try to reach the masses. Please tell 2 friends to tell 2 friends to tell 2 friends...you get the idea...

I woke up this morning, turned on my computer and went to Chase Community Giving to see how many votes the incredible nonprofit charity "ALS Guardian Angels" had received during the night. Sadly, not one more than the day before. There are 232 votes and we only have eight days left. How is it possible that there are only 232 votes? I alone have 249 facebook friends and family and I sent each one a plea to please vote! This is not about the most WORTHY charity. This is about the nonprofit organization that simply gets the most votes.

The number one spot is held by HEATHER ON EARTH MUSIC FOUNDATION INC with 10200 votes. THE ORGANIZATION'S PURPOSE IS TO PAY MUSIC THERAPISTS AT CHILDREN'S HOSPITALS AND PROVIDE MUSIC EQUIPMENT FOR PATIENTS AT CHILDREN'S HOSPITALS. I do not have anything against musical therapy or giving musical equipment to hospitalized children and yet...I can not believe that is more important than making the LIVES of PALS and CALS a little easier. Because they are in first place, Chase will award them with $1MM. ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

The next five charities will each receive $100K.
A SPRING OF HOPE INC
Coconut Creek, FL
They will build wells in African schools.

HP ALLIANCE INC
Somerville, MA
The Harry Potter Alliance tackles the world’s most pressing issues in ways that no one else ever has: by helping people turn their love for story into lifting the story of humanity.

WISH UPON A HERO FOUNDATION, INC.
Moorestown, NJ
Wish Upon A Hero Foundation was created to grant wishes. ALL WISHES! We are unbiased to age, location, or affliction. We support cancer patients, military families, down syndrome causes, kids with autism, disaster relief, the environment, and even animals.

BLIND CAT RESCUE & SANCTUARY INC
St Pauls, NC
Our mission is To provide shelters and rescues with blind cats who are not able to find a suitable adoptive home for these animals an alternative to euthanizing them.

EDS TODAY
Mays Landing, NJ
5706 BLIND CAT RESCUE & SANCTUARY INC
St Pauls, NC
Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (EDS) is a genetic connective tissue (collagen) disorder that causes debilitating pain, joint dislocations, organ/arterial rupture/ dissections and has resulted in numerous deaths from a lack of knowledge.

The next 100 charities will receive $25K. In order for ALS Guardian Angels to make it to a spot to receive $25K we need to beat out number 105 DREAMING ZEBRA FOUNDATION in Portland, OR with
733 votes. This foundation, The Dreaming Zebra Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charity providing support so that children and young adults are given an equal opportunity to explore and develop their creativity in the arts.

This brings me to my title of "Blind Cats". STRAY BLIND CATS have more support, more friends and more advocates for their blindness than people with ALS...this is the truth. How does that make you feel? It makes me soul sad. It makes me outraged! I am utterly appalled that it is more critical that an organization will receive ONE MILLION DOLLARS to pay for musical instruments and therapists than to give the gift of speaking, respite care or assistance with the horror of day to day living with our PALS that are human beings DYING. I am completely disgusted to see that STRAY BLIND CATS will receive $100K so that they are not euthanised when my child watches his Daddy die a little more every day RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS EYES because there is no known cause, no treatment, no cure and the ONLY assistance/support that we receive is from this generous foundation of ALS Guardian Angels. I feel a need to add another clinical diagnosis to our plight. The disease of ALS APATHY. We have so little control over what is happening to the people that we love and here is this one little effort that takes less than one second to vote and there is no support. Yes, it is time consuming to "send to friends" but think of all the incredible impact that Stu could make with 25K to say nothing of a million dollars! If we can not even support ourselves and make a change in something this simple, how in the world do you ever expect anyone else to care about our plight and support us? Kinga, we backed you with thousands of votes. Please make this your focus for the next 8 days and help us-pay it forward! I am happy that 52 of my friends and family voted out of the over 200 invites that I sent. THANK YOU! Would they rest of you PLEASE vote for this organization that supports us in such incredible ways?! Would you take it one step further and ask everyone that you have in your address book to do the same? WE NEED A VICTORY!

Here is the link;
Chase Community Giving on Facebook

Updated 55 seconds ago · Comment ·

PLEASE go to Facebook and VOTE...we need over 1,100 to make it to the top 200. Imagine the good Stu could do with that money! It doesn't cost us a THING...just a click of a button...Chase Community Giving on Facebook

It makes me so sad to not see us get close. Stu does so much for this community-

come on guys.. Let us all vote for Stu tonight.. We all care so deeply about what he is doing for us. I challenge everyone to try to get at least one friend to vote tonight. the final voting time is now...

We've moved up in the number of votes, but need to achieve over 1,100 votes to rank in the top 200...Imagine the good Stu could do with an extra $25,000...

We're currently ranked 318

I give up on fb! And Chase Bank! Y'all tell me how to navigate fb and I'll change my mind. In the mean time, I'm done with fb. Sorry, Stu!

Click on the link in the second post in this thread, which takes you to a page with these choices at the top, Not listed vertically, but across the top, above the name of the organization, which you'll need to type out (can't use "ALSGA"). Click on "Search and Vote".
* Home_blue
* Search and Vote*
* Leaderboard_blue
* Activity_blue
* Get_involved_blue
* Advisory_board_blue
* Program_recap_blue
* Preferences_blue

ALS GUARDIAN ANGEL FOUNDATION

In the green strip you write the charity name (ALS Guardian Angel Foundation), and click "search". Then you'll see a check mark with "thanks".

Note: I thought I'd already voted but not until last night, when I went over it again, did I learn that I had NOT voted. The voting is not easy to figure out.

Last edited:
If you have already voted, type your city name in the search box, vote for charities that do not have very many votes, and after 5 votes you get a gift vote to send out, then after another 15 you get to send another one out. I just found out you can only vote twice for the same charity, so check with a friend before you send a gift vote out. I have already voted twice, so do not send to me. HUGS Lori

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back