Diagnosis
08/2000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Leaskdale
Tom's 53rd birthday was June 1, 2010. I've been bent about a bucket list and how to do it discreetly (not calling it such because Tom still won't talk about being sick and the inevitable outcome).
This was the GREAT BIRTHDAY SURPRISE I came up with.

We all took daddy flying. We did not climb into a plane of any kind but literally strapped on our wing and took flight.

If you want to see what I mean, take a look at my photo album. The day was absolutely the VERY BEST and one that will be dreamed about for many days to come:lol:

Last edited:
Oh WOW! I loved the pictures - how brave you both are. I've always wanted to do that but being afraid of heights kinda nixes that idea. What a great way to celebrate Tom's birthday. Very exciting! I am so glad that he had a super great day! The weather looks like it was perfect - the sky was blue. Absolutely beautiful! Thank you so very much for sharing the extra special day with us.

wow thats awlsome i bet that made his day.that will always be a memory that cant be forgotten what an amazing b-day surprize

That is Awesome! Wish I could have been there with you!

Wow! What a wonderful experience. great planning on your part!

The pictures are just awesome! What a great idea. BTW - my daughter shares Tom's birthday -June 1st - Happy belated!

Wonderful gift.

Beautiful photos, but nope, I could not have done it.

Great pictures! I am curious, did you get towed into the air or jump off of a cliff? I would love to do that but would have to tape my mouth closed or we wouldn't get into the air at all with all the drag :shock::shock:

Seeing the pictures are an experience in itself. Thank you!

looks like you's had a blast

I took each and every one of you with me on that day. I knew we would get photos and planned to show you the view. We were towed by a high-power winch that plays you out like a kite. It took two draws from the far field over the truck but we reached 1800 feet and released for the free float back down. Tom went last and had the longest trip because the thermals were great by that time of day. While he was up there was a battle of birds about 200 feet below him. A blackbird was giving a hawk a hard time about some dispute. Tom thought that was amazing because he heard every squawk and peck. The morning was very overcast and threatened rain but by noon the day had cleared and we could see south to Lake Ontario and north to Lake Simcoe, check out the who is where map, or Google Earth, that was quite a view!

glad you's had such fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back