Diagnosis
09/2008
Country
US
State
VA
City
Fairfax
So my brothers formed a team for the ALS Walk in NYC. They set a goal of $5,000. With 10 days to go we just passed $10,000! We have been supported by relatives, friends, coworkers...I received several donations from sorority sisters I haven't seen in 25 years! It has been so inspiring, and we haven't even done the walk yet! CAN'T WAIT!

WAY TO GO! That is truely AWASOME!

Unbelievable, great job.

HOORAY! You should be proud :]

That is fantastic! Good job! :grin::grin:

Nice to hear positive news!

Ya-hoo! That is wonderful! People really do come through. Isn't that amazing after the downturn the economy has had? This is awesome news!

Well I did the walk last weekend -- it was SO AWESOME! They told us they had double the number of participants as last year and at last count they had raised over $300K! My team ended up raising over $13,500 and about 20 friends and family walked with me. Gorgeous day in the city I love so much and as a bonus we got to hit the 9th Avenue Food Festival while we were there. Also we made the 11 o'clock news in NY that night and they repeated the piece Sunday morning. Nothing like a little major market media exposure to raise awareness!

Any of you guys who have a chance to participate in something like this, I highly recommend it!

How awesome is that! What great news!:lol::D:wink::grin::-D

Keep up the good work!

Oh Jennifer, I am glad to see that it turned out great! I must know if the hotel we did turned out okay too! We have a walk here in September. I cant walk that far but I have my whole family going. I tried to see about getting a booth for the ALSGA but the local ALSA wouldnt let me! GRRRRR! So, hummmmm if ya get donations from people and it goes to something "ALS" who is to say that it cant go to the ALSGA? Thinkin a bit sneaky.......
Hugs, Kari

That is so fabulous that you were able to raise so much money and had a good time doing it! We all benefit from ALS walks no matter where they are held, every dollar that goes to supporting PALS and funding research is a dollar well spent. And even if we don't raise a lot of money, if we can raise awareness of this disease and of what it does then it is worth it.

Way to go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back