Diagnosis
08/2000
Country
CA
State
ON
City
Leaskdale
Tom just brought his new ATV home, a 650 Can Am power steering beauty. She is red and has all the bells and whistles -- YOU SHOULD SEE HIS FACE -- OMGOMGOMGOMG

He has driven it around our yard, the neighbours have all come to pay tribute -- I have called them all to come -- we have all taken a ride or have driven it and Tom's smile has cut his head in half!
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

I know, $12000.00 would have paid for a lot of health care but THIS.......THIS........this is priceless.

OH MY GRACIOUS.

I can't wait until next month. June 1, 2010 he is going hang gliding. This is as close to flying as I can afford to pay. 145 plus 30 for the video and my man is going to have wings for 1/2 hour and he will SOAR WITH THE EAGLES!

I am in heaven.....
I cannot contain myself.......
I cannot wait to see his face.........
I hope I get lucky.

Juliette

You're right, it would have paid for a lot of health care. But you can't buy a smile.

If there's one thing the last year has taught me, it's that you really can't take it with you. I blew $400 this week renting a Harley in Phoenix just because I was there and I'd never ridden a Harley. I would never have done that before. It's only money, what good is it if you can't enjoy it.

I hope you get lucky too. ;)

Dick

How wonderful for you BOTH that he is having this wonderful fun! The joy he will have ( and by proxy you will have) with his new toy is priceless. Congratulations!

Way to go Dick with the Harley treat!

I love you pepsiman. Purely platonic. I am just so happy to see my man happy. I can't do this for him, but it is there and I am going to bawl any minute. I cannot explain this. The smile. The smile. O M G.

For my birthday I am asking him to step out of the comfort zone and go to a Simon and Garfunkle concert with my friends. I think we are all going to be IDIOTS

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGOOOOOOOO!
It just seemed appropriate.

I THINK WE HAD A FOOTBALL TEAM NAMED ARGOS.

Tom is as happy as I have seen him since before we were married. He has had such a miserable life. (not really, but he sees it that way)
If I were the cause I would have killed me long ago.
I want that moment to go on forever, but the bike has been put to bed and he is in the house and we are back into the routine of sad mundane I DONT LIVE HERE CRAP.
\
I am going to dream tonight about ivory towers and happy people, with no pain, no illness, only perfect.
I LOVE, AND I AM LOVED.
ahhhhh
soft
warm
bird song
pastel colour
i am love
ya.................

Even perfect is never perfect (like I would know, huh). Wish I could help, but like Liz always told me, happiness comes from INSIDE first. It took me way to long to realize that simple truth. Not that I've found it, but I can imagine it actually existing now.

Dick

I've learned to celebrate the moments...they help make the awfulness of the illness more manageable.

Peace to you!

IT is just magic to feel the waves of joy crossing the atlantic and hitting me right here in my whchair.
I just love happiness and to feel it and see it in such quantities is fantastic. Way to go, dear girl. Youa re so so so lucky to love and be loved

Pepsiman, grieving is a long process. You will find an inner happiness someday. I like to think that it is already there, just in seed form. Once the right conditions arise the seed will wake, the joy emerge and grow to fill your heart.
I have had the touch of death near me all my life, so grief is a familiar companion and a welcome guest. She stays only long enough to complete the healing and her departure usually goes unnoticed because joy emerges.
I pray the timing to be perfect for you.

Juliette,
I actually believe it now. I prefer to think of grief as a warm overcoat, shielding me from the outside world. I can feel it coming off now, slowly. Still a long way to go, no doubt, but I'm no longer feeling pure anguish every day. Happy moments are much easier to find, and there are more and more of them every day. There will be a gift in the gardening thread a little later.
Dick

I am just sending a little love your way today.. Isn't it something how we can feel so strongly the hurt and the joy from on another? It is like we have known each other much much longer for the bond we all feel? Hugs, linda

You are right. I do feel like I have known you all for a very long time. I think the struggle we are all having and finding so familiar is the reason for the instant identity. The human soul recognizes the pain and longs to help as well as be helped.
I love you all dearly.

Thats great! I have a Polaris ATV, and get a lot of enjoyment out of it. I am looking into getting power steering for it.

The difference power steering makes is remarkable. The only trouble is that it does not kick in during low speeds but the break it gives Tom's arms while going faster leaves him with all the strength he needs around the tight corners. You will love power steering!

Mine, if I can post a pic...

Attachments

• th_SANY0137.jpg
    th_SANY0137.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 235
  • th_SANY0141.jpg
    th_SANY0141.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 219
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back